Whats happening to me ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Speedofile

Re: Whats happening to me ?

Post by Speedofile »

The last time I felt like that i stopped riding for almost 18 months, but it comes back to you and having a bike that you love helps!!
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

I think if my bike was sitting outside my door with only the steering lock on,and my helmets gloves were on a hook beside the front door ,and I didn't bother with any safer gear I would use the bike constantly..it's the getting ready to use the bike that's off putting
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I've found that as life gets more buys the bike gets out in the garage...with the bins in the way..with a car in the way...with her hanging baskets in the way.
It's a pain in the Arse to get it our for a ride these days.
Shame but life moves on.
Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

steve_h80 wrote:These days the tenere often stays in the shed, it's just too serious for an afternoon bimble round the dales. The current bimbling bike is a Silverwing. Yep a scooter.
Brilliant bit of kit with the 600 motor!! (thumbs) I used one for a couple of years when a "knee problem" caused me some problems in knee bending. Forget all the heavy waterproof kit, loads of luggage capacity under the seat etc etc...
OMG I'm becoming a scooter evangelist!!!
And you think you've got problems...
Looks like it's contagious :dry:
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

I used to go out at any excuse for a ride, but now it normally has to have a purpose, be it commuting, holiday or meeting up with friends for a ride/chat. Still love it, though. The only 'pointless' riding I do now is by pedal bike which is pure hobby/fitness riding. As for (motor)bike gear, I've started to regress into stuff which looks perfectly normal in the pub, shops etc.
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Come down to France in September, bring some camping gear and enjoy the Perigord Noir.
Lots of us have things happen and its not a case of ignore them or simply snapping out of them, more about finding ourselves and finding our purpose. A bit philosophical but that's it.
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2013 ... t-dordogne amazing
https://abikersguidetothedordogne.wordp ... 1/camping/ Have a look at this one and explore the links. You will find us in there too when you see the camping.
http://www.lascaux-dordogne.com/fr/hebe ... municipal/ amazing little village
The municipal camp site at St Leon sur Vezere charges an astronomical sum of €3.50 for a pitch and €3.50 per person. You will comfortably get 4 tents on a pitch, so €17.50 for 4 people can't be beaten! For that you get a pitch beside a river you can swim in or leave beer to stay cool with a very short walk to the pub, a restaurant that charged us €2 for a bottle of wine, shop, showers, the most lovely roads and woods, coffee places and scenery away from the madness of urban life. If you love the Mournes and the rides through there you will absolutely love here. It's a small camp site, all of 22 pitches simply made up on a strip beside the river. A 'road' runs through it, long pitches each side, one side to the river and one side to the hedging boundary. We like the river side because that faces the sunset. We left bbq and stuff down there as well and because the camp site is small its peaceful as we want. We enjoy some days that we might only do 50 miles, see some great places, a few nice coffee stops, a full lunch 'plat du jour' along the way, who knows. Some days not take the bike out at all, I usually do one of those days on my holidays.
Getting there is easy, from Dublin on Saturdays to Cherbourg arrive about 11am, from Rosslare every second day to Roscoff or Cherbourg arrive about 11am, from Cork Saturday to Roscoff arriving 7.30am.
A local biker and his wife, Bob and Jude have put all this bikers guide together and invited us and anyone who wants to come down in September. Informal, just nice and they are great company, both retired young from the UK, ride all the time, very entertaining and in case of trouble a workshop under their house. We have been down a few times and to be honest there is so much there one would never be bored.
So maybe get one or two mates or come along on your own, you wont feel alone. I booked my ferry from Cork on 2nd September simply because I am about 15 minutes from the ferry port. You can do Roscoff down in one run but for me that's pushing it even though done it lots of times. I rather like a stop off around La Rochelle and pick up food at a petrol stop so you can park the bike for the night, pitch camp and eat at leisure.
You just might enjoy this. Anyone else who feels like it is more than welcome, no pressures and no need to commit to anything as it's not peak season. Only thing I have done is to book the ferry out. Will be coming back Cherbourg to Rosslare on 21st September. That one is 9.30pm so a full day available for travelling up.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

mark vb wrote:
As for (motor)bike gear, I've started to regress into stuff which looks perfectly normal in the pub, shops etc.
No HiViz then :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

johnnyboxer wrote:
mark vb wrote:
As for (motor)bike gear, I've started to regress into stuff which looks perfectly normal in the pub, shops etc.
No HiViz then :whistle:
Certainly not - perish the thought!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Flintlock wrote:
I try to get my local run done early in the morning before the roads get busy & its definitely worth getting out of bed early for.

I think if i only could go out during busy times on the roads I would call it a day - so much traffic now.
On this point, I will admit it doesn't happen that often, but a 5am start in Summertime if going off somewhere is for me, a real pleasure, no cars!!
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Reckon the missus has been slipping some oestrogen in your tea
:whistle:

Return to “THE PUB”