Whats happening to me ?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mac 60

Whats happening to me ?

Post by Mac 60 »

So it seems that something is changing in my attitude to motorcycling. Once id use any excuse to get my bike out, even if it was just a short trip to the shops, mates house or id an hour to spare. If the weather was good id ride to work and take the long way home. My late wife used to shake her head at my excuses to get the gear on and bike out but this year i really cant be bothered unless iam making a day of it at least. If iam not going to be covering big miles i cant be arsed. Still love biking and its still on my mind constantly, still dreaming up big trips but i have lost that any excuse will do edge. Ive even got the gear out and just thought naw not worth the bother. Anyone been here before ? :S
Big Red

Re: Whats happening to me ?

Post by Big Red »

You're not alone feeling like that. Its a lovely day here and I fancy a ride on the bike, but I just cant be arsed to get kitted up. Im waiting for a new bike coming and Im itching to ride it and I wont be off it for the first few weeks. Today just doesn't feel kike a riding day. A friend when he feels like us takes a bike he could never afford for a road test at a dealers and that helps him
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

I reckon you'll find that it's a temporary thing, I'm sure your mojo will return soon.
one-legged adventurer
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

you've just had a big off so hardly surprising the magic has gone a little.
Must admit I couldn't be bothered to get the Tiger out today as I am missing the "Tiddler" as I find 25 down a track far more interesting than 60 on an A road now a days
It will return I'm sure Mac (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

I used to ride everyday but cant be arsed at present, if you go out I don't want to drive even traffic speed limits and lack of interest. just use the bike for trips to france and holidays now , gave up enduro last season and have not even been green laneing this year. my mate sold his bikes and brought a sports car and a custom bike . I think the time to ride will return soon but as for my mate he has started to use hand cream wear bright coloured clothes. I think he is suffering from hardly worthitson polish syndrome....fuck it just booked for france next weekend a good trash will sort it out !!!
V2orV4

Post by V2orV4 »

Yep I definitely get that feeling sometimes. For myself, I put it down to enjoying longish trips so much, that short ones just somehow don't get the spark going. I'm really considering getting a smaller lighter bike which I'm fairly sure will spur me on a bit, but not too small as it must allow me to load it up for camping and 2 up touring.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I am 56 and it has happened to me,i spend all winter longing for the dry spring and summer days,fettling and farkling the bike. Polishing and serviceing then when the good weather comes i can,t be bothered. I downsized from the BMW F800gs to a Suzuki DRZ400 in the hope it would spur me to do more riding but is has not. When i do ride i love it and when i go away to the continent i ride thousands of miles but in the U.K i find myself wondering if it is worth it. I can never be without a bike and i hope i can pull myself out of this state of mind soon as i spend more time charging the battery and draining fuel that has degraded than actually riding.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Know what you mean, the faff of getting all the kit on, having a destination, being pretty sure there are some decent, traffic free roads you can wind it up on, some testing corners thrown in and knowing that, in all liklehood, 90% of the ride will be waiting for 'that special moment'.
My answer was to get back into smaller/slower bikes (I've got a 77 Suzuki 2 stroke twin and a 'modern' Enfield among other things), you don't feel the need to be kevlared/Goretexed/leethered up, don't have to set a destination hours away and don't need the promise of triple figure speeds or that elusive knee down. I ride the Ennie at least 3 or 4 times a weeks, sometimes only half hour round a few local back lanes or to pop round to see a mate of a rellie. You get to use nearly all the performance all of the time and covering the ground is much more of challenge than on a modern, gadget laden monster.
For me it also makes riding one of my bigger, quicker, 'better' bikes seem more special.
In short, get out of the new bike rat race and get something everyone else thinks is shite :whistle:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I've had that. It's the kit that does it. I live in dread of not wearing something and having an off and spending the rest of my life thinking what if...
It passes and just now I'm on the good side. I found that keeping everything I need in one box helps as does having a wee first.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
andrew882

Post by andrew882 »

Brenhden wrote:I've had that. It's the kit that does it. I live in dread of not wearing something and having an off and spending the rest of my life thinking what if...

It passes and just now I'm on the good side. I found that keeping everything I need in one box helps as does having a wee first.
:laugh: I always make sure I have a wee if there's an opportunity (goes with the job (thumbs) )

Return to β€œTHE PUB”