Lions tour

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: Lions tour

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:Going to be a tough two games today and Saturday...
Mrs said exactly that :whistle: they will earn their place in the team over the next 2 matches

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Steve will be around Saturday morning as camping trip now cancelled
So if you want to come to watch the match (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)

SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Redmurty wrote:Steve will be around Saturday morning as camping trip now cancelled

Very kind Spud, thank you. I'll check the forecast first, and if its a nice one I could pop down on the bike... (thumbs) We can discuss trail riding in Wales options... Pissing down again, and I stop in bed!!!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

I am hoping that Gatland is lulling the Kiwis into a false sense of security for the first Test...
It'll be alright now he has sussed out how to keep Sonny Boy under control..... or NOT :laugh:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:
Redmurty wrote:Steve will be around Saturday morning as camping trip now cancelled

Very kind Spud, thank you. I'll check the forecast first, and if its a nice one I could pop down on the bike... (thumbs) We can discuss trail riding in Wales options... Pissing down again, and I stop in bed!!!!
pissing down hence the cancelled camping trip

cheers Spud ;)

gspod

Post by gspod »

SteveR wrote:I am hoping that Gatland is lulling the Kiwis into a false sense of security for the first Test...

It'll be alright now he has sussed out how to keep Sonny Boy under control..... or NOT :laugh:
It's going to be a whitewash down there. How can you take a captain that has never beaten the Aussies let alone the Kiwis, I'm not even sure if he's beaten the Boks. As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team and didn't win 1 game against Oz/NZ/SA. Don't get me started :angry: :angry:
anagallis_arvensis

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

gspod wrote:
SteveR wrote:I am hoping that Gatland is lulling the Kiwis into a false sense of security for the first Test...

It's going to be a whitewash down there. How can you take a captain that has never beaten the Aussies let alone the Kiwis, I'm not even sure if he's beaten the Boks. As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team and didn't win 1 game against Oz/NZ/SA. Don't get me started :angry: :angry:
Warburton captained the lions to a series win over Aus 4 years ago.
Captained Wales to a win over SA in November
Which Welsh players would make it into a NZ team.....name more than say 3 since the 70's and I'll be impressed.
gspod

Post by gspod »

anagallis_arvensis wrote:
gspod wrote:

It's going to be a whitewash down there. How can you take a captain that has never beaten the Aussies let alone the Kiwis, I'm not even sure if he's beaten the Boks. As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team and didn't win 1 game against Oz/NZ/SA. Don't get me started :angry: :angry:[/quote

Warburton captained the lions to a series win over Aus 4 years ago.
Captained Wales to a win over SA in November
Which Welsh players would make it into a NZ team.....name more than say 3 since the 70's and I'll be impressed.
Fair point, I was thinking about countries rather than previous Lions teams, I like Warburton as a player. Rating players is too subjective so I won't bother - it's just my opinion. I don't rate Gatland and still say he has squandered a fantastic team of Welsh players over the years - having played premiership rugby in this country and Oz (late 80s) I have seen the different approaches at grass roots level and perhaps this must take a lot of the blame, but it is a professional sport now so no excuses.

As a Lions fan I hope I'm proven wrong.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

You are not alone in wondering, "Why Gatland"? Joe Schmidt would have been my choice, or even grumpy Eddie... :-)
Also not alone in wondering quite how the Lions will get on down there. I felt that in both the games I was not looking at a Team, hopefully the lads will gel as time and practice goes on :dry:
gspod

Post by gspod »

SteveR wrote:You are not alone in wondering, "Why Gatland"? Joe Schmidt would have been my choice, or even grumpy Eddie... :-)

Also not alone in wondering quite how the Lions will get on down there. I felt that in both the games I was not looking at a Team, hopefully the lads will gel as time and practice goes on :dry:
I'll drink to that :)

Return to “THE PUB”