Lions tour

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
anagallis_arvensis

Re: Lions tour

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

gspod wrote:
SteveR wrote:You are not alone in wondering, "Why Gatland"? Joe Schmidt would have been my choice, or even grumpy Eddie... :-)

Also not alone in wondering quite how the Lions will get on down there. I felt that in both the games I was not looking at a Team, hopefully the lads will gel as time and practice goes on :dry:
I'll drink to that :)
Both were not available/didnt want it.
Could you name these welsh players Gatland has coached that would get in any NZ team?

I can think of......ermmm...and...noo none of them
threepot

Post by threepot »

There seems to be an 'anti' Welsh theme developing here guy's? :angry:
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

threepot wrote:There seems to be an 'anti' Welsh theme developing here guy's? :angry:
Not from me... ;)
gbags

Post by gbags »

A win today against one of the best super league teams.
Not a huge or resounding success but this is the Saturday team's first game together so I'm hoping for improvement as they gain game time, leading to a proper, competitive tour.
Game on!
anagallis_arvensis

Post by anagallis_arvensis »

As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team
Could you name this players as I cant think of one.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

anagallis_arvensis wrote:
As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team
You must be a Mike Brown fan :pinch:
Har65

Post by Har65 »

The Sarge wrote:
anagallis_arvensis wrote:
You must be a Mike Brown fan :pinch:
"Sulky brown "is luck to get to get in the England side with he quality they have scattered in the premiership ,
Baffles me how he's the 1st choice at 15 ,
Don't get me wrong he's a decent player , crap temprament , but better 15s out there
Nowell a winger ,,,, but would be better at full back ,,,,

From a failed loose head !!!!!!!!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

"Sulky brown "is luck to get to get in the England side with he quality they have scattered in the premiership ,
Baffles me how he's the 1st choice at 15 ,
Don't get me wrong he's a decent player , crap temprament , but better 15s out there
Nowell a winger ,,,, but would be better at full back ,,,,
Just been watching the wonderfully entertaining Pumas v England and I saw nothing from Brown that convinces me he is the 1st choice full back. Brown gets ball, runs into Contact, falls over... (OK, gets tackled but same result!) The idea of a good offload to a man running off his shoulder is anathema to him :silly:

The game on telly was super to watch with some sublime running from Argentina, but good defence and good in the breakdown from England. You couldn't predict a result until 81minutes!
Andy A

Post by Andy A »

That was a great game of rugby to watch, the result was the icing on the cake but regardless the game itself was brilliant entertaining stuff. I would like to see Elliot daly with a run out at fullback and Denny Solomon on the wing. As this is a Lions thread to bring it back on line i would say there will be a few in that squad who will be looking over their shoulder now!!
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Andy A wrote:That was a great game of rugby to watch, the result was the icing on the cake but regardless the game itself was brilliant entertaining stuff. I would like to see Elliot daly with a run out at fullback and Denny Solomon on the wing. As this is a Lions thread to bring it back on line i would say there will be a few in that squad who will be looking over their shoulder now!!
Agree with all you said... :-)

I would say Gatland will be watching the England games too for possible replacements for the inevitable injuries in the coming weeks... Solomona missed 2-3 tackles, one a shocker, but that will come with experience... I saw him play last season and he is so bloody quick and strong, and that side step..... (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”