Lions tour

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
anagallis_arvensis
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Lions tour

Post by anagallis_arvensis » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:57 pm

gspod wrote:
SteveR wrote:You are not alone in wondering, "Why Gatland"? Joe Schmidt would have been my choice, or even grumpy Eddie... :-)

Also not alone in wondering quite how the Lions will get on down there. I felt that in both the games I was not looking at a Team, hopefully the lads will gel as time and practice goes on :dry:
I'll drink to that :)
Both were not available/didnt want it.
Could you name these welsh players Gatland has coached that would get in any NZ team?

I can think of......ermmm...and...noo none of them

Adventure Bike Rider New Issue Out Now
threepot
Posts: 1248
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:37 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by threepot » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:26 pm

There seems to be an 'anti' Welsh theme developing here guy's? :angry:

SteveR
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by SteveR » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:10 pm

threepot wrote:There seems to be an 'anti' Welsh theme developing here guy's? :angry:
Not from me... ;)

gbags
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:08 pm
Has thanked: 179 times
Been thanked: 183 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by gbags » Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:13 pm

A win today against one of the best super league teams.
Not a huge or resounding success but this is the Saturday team's first game together so I'm hoping for improvement as they gain game time, leading to a proper, competitive tour.
Game on!

anagallis_arvensis
Posts: 227
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Lions tour

Post by anagallis_arvensis » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:30 pm

As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team
Could you name this players as I cant think of one.

The Sarge
Posts: 1442
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:29 pm
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 44 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by The Sarge » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:41 pm

anagallis_arvensis wrote:
As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team
Could you name this players as I cant think of one.
You must be a Mike Brown fan :pinch:

Har65
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue May 03, 2016 6:56 pm
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: Lions tour

Post by Har65 » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:24 pm

The Sarge wrote:
anagallis_arvensis wrote:
As for Gatland - he had a Welsh team full of players that would have made it into any NZ team
Could you name this players as I cant think of one.
You must be a Mike Brown fan :pinch:
"Sulky brown "is luck to get to get in the England side with he quality they have scattered in the premiership ,
Baffles me how he's the 1st choice at 15 ,
Don't get me wrong he's a decent player , crap temprament , but better 15s out there
Nowell a winger ,,,, but would be better at full back ,,,,

From a failed loose head !!!!!!!!!

SteveR
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by SteveR » Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:40 pm

"Sulky brown "is luck to get to get in the England side with he quality they have scattered in the premiership ,
Baffles me how he's the 1st choice at 15 ,
Don't get me wrong he's a decent player , crap temprament , but better 15s out there
Nowell a winger ,,,, but would be better at full back ,,,,
Just been watching the wonderfully entertaining Pumas v England and I saw nothing from Brown that convinces me he is the 1st choice full back. Brown gets ball, runs into Contact, falls over... (OK, gets tackled but same result!) The idea of a good offload to a man running off his shoulder is anathema to him :silly:

The game on telly was super to watch with some sublime running from Argentina, but good defence and good in the breakdown from England. You couldn't predict a result until 81minutes!

Andy A
Posts: 689
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:54 pm

Re: Lions tour

Post by Andy A » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:20 am

That was a great game of rugby to watch, the result was the icing on the cake but regardless the game itself was brilliant entertaining stuff. I would like to see Elliot daly with a run out at fullback and Denny Solomon on the wing. As this is a Lions thread to bring it back on line i would say there will be a few in that squad who will be looking over their shoulder now!!

SteveR
Posts: 3129
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:09 pm
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 53 times

Re: Lions tour

Post by SteveR » Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Andy A wrote:That was a great game of rugby to watch, the result was the icing on the cake but regardless the game itself was brilliant entertaining stuff. I would like to see Elliot daly with a run out at fullback and Denny Solomon on the wing. As this is a Lions thread to bring it back on line i would say there will be a few in that squad who will be looking over their shoulder now!!
Agree with all you said... :-)

I would say Gatland will be watching the England games too for possible replacements for the inevitable injuries in the coming weeks... Solomona missed 2-3 tackles, one a shocker, but that will come with experience... I saw him play last season and he is so bloody quick and strong, and that side step..... (thumbs)

Post Reply

Return to “THE PUB”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 91 guests