Bit careless.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sprintster

Re: Bit careless.

Post by sprintster »

Gedge wrote:Rider initiating a rolling closure...you can see them on the slip road for several seconds, the black car reacts at least 5 seconds before dashcam man ..copper seems aware that the lane 3 car was not reacting as he stays in lane 2 ...... its a dangerous job on a bike and the riders know how others react ( or dont) ..dashcam man may well not like it but i doubt the rider was fazed ....
He didn't stay in lane 2....he clearly crossed the markings for lane 3.Also the car in lane 2 had as clear view of the bikes but dashcam mans view was blocked by this car.Not a great idea to freak out a rapidly approaching car even if he did know what he was doing.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

sprintster wrote:
Gedge wrote:Rider initiating a rolling closure...you can see them on the slip road for several seconds, the black car reacts at least 5 seconds before dashcam man ..copper seems aware that the lane 3 car was not reacting as he stays in lane 2 ...... its a dangerous job on a bike and the riders know how others react ( or dont) ..dashcam man may well not like it but i doubt the rider was fazed ....
He didn't stay in lane 2....he clearly crossed the markings for lane 3.Also the car in lane 2 had as clear view of the bikes but dashcam mans view was blocked by this car.Not a great idea to freak out a rapidly approaching car even if he did know what he was doing.
I could see the police bikes all the way down the slip road...driver would have ( should have) a better view than the dash cam ....
stevedo

Post by stevedo »

For me, the copper made a particularly bad move. You should never pull a move that's going to cause other road users to take evasive action as we saw in the video.
Also, later in the video I think all the police vehicles were riding/driving far too close to the vehicle in front given the speed they were doing.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

The intention as above was to perform a rolling road block but I think the officer made a critical assumption in that the video car had A: Noticed him early enough and B: Was going to slow down [which he didnt].
He seemed however be well in control of the situation and performed a manouvere if somewhat close,to stay clear of the vehicle.
boatman

Post by boatman »

Police rider was well out of order , well lucky to get away with that crap bit of riding :unsure:
Won't pick up the pension cash with that kind of rash behaviour (thumbs)
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

stevedo wrote:For me, the copper made a particularly bad move. You should never pull a move that's going to cause other road users to take evasive action as we saw in the video.

Also, later in the video I think all the police vehicles were riding/driving far too close to the vehicle in front given the speed they were doing.
His job was to MAKE other road users slow down ( ie take evasive action) ..I think we can agree that he possibly assumed too much about the vehicle in lane 3 ..but in his defence the police bikes and their blue lights were visible for some time...and as all the others reacted, its rather bad driving that camera car appeared to make no reaction to what the other traffic was doing ....as for the riding too close...its their training and it based on trust and practice ....
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Gedge wrote:
sprintster wrote:
I could see the police bikes all the way down the slip road...driver would have ( should have) a better view than the dash cam ....
You could see the bikes coming down the slip road because you were looking for them.Someone travelling down lane 3 isn't going to be paying much attention to a slip road.Even though,he might have seen the bikes coming down the slip road but is he expected to be a mind reader and know they are planning to initiate a rolling road block? Why not join the motorway safely then start the road block 100 yards along instead of having a near miss?
I'm sorry,but if he had got twatted off his bike I wouldn't have much sympathy for him.
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

sprintster wrote:
Gedge wrote:
sprintster wrote:
You could see the bikes coming down the slip road because you were looking for them.Someone travelling down lane 3 isn't going to be paying much attention to a slip road.Even though,he might have seen the bikes coming down the slip road but is he expected to be a mind reader and know they are planning to initiate a rolling road block? Why not join the motorway safely then start the road block 100 yards along instead of having a near miss?
I'm sorry,but if he had got twatted off his bike I wouldn't have much sympathy for him.
You should always look at slip roads ...even from lane 3 .....the blue lights might have been a clue that at the very least they would be wanting to get ahead...these guys do things on bikes that you wont ever have to do...who knows why they were doing it, but chances are someones life or liberty depended on it...you lack of sympathy speaks volumes ...luckily, if you get twatted off your bike, even if you are riding like a dick , they will still deal with you sympathetically ....
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Gedge wrote:
sprintster wrote:
Gedge wrote:
sprintster wrote:
You should always look at slip roads ...even from lane 3 .....the blue lights might have been a clue that at the very least they would be wanting to get ahead...these guys do things on bikes that you wont ever have to do...who knows why they were doing it, but chances are someones life or liberty depended on it...you lack of sympathy speaks volumes ...luckily, if you get twatted off your bike, even if you are riding like a dick , they will still deal with you sympathetically ....
I didn't say what I would do,I ride bikes so I ride defensively.I was purely looking at it from the average car drivers point of view.A bike has got the acceleration to get ahead without forcing someone else to take evasive action.
He WAS riding like a dick...I'm not trained to show compassion even if I don't feel it....so I still wouldn't have much sympathy for him.But well spotted Gedge,I have tested positive for having Aspergers which probably explains why I don't show much sympathy for people who ride like dicks and get twatted off their bikes!
bowber

Post by bowber »

He made the car take evasive action, careless driving and 3 points on his licence at the very least.
Steve

Return to “THE PUB”