Its Been a while

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
VR_Rider

Its Been a while

Post by VR_Rider »

Hi all,
Thought I would say hello, almost a re-introduction after a fair while off the forum and advice to get back into biking.
After 10 years on 2 wheels March Last year I sold my bike and brought a car. August last year came with a mental breakdown and now I find myself after over a year checking out autotrader for bikes. Safe to say last year was a tough one that gladly I have got through and starting to rebuilding things better and stronger!
Now the advice bit. I stopped biking as using a bike all year round was getting me down. If I a am honesty I hadn't been in the right frame of mind for a while to ride all year round. I find myself now unsure about getting back into it. I know it sounds silly but I am not sure if I miss it or not!
So, do I give it another bash and see what happens or wait till I am dreaming of the open road?
thanks for your help guys,
Dave
Jak*

Re: Its Been a while

Post by Jak* »

My advice would be go for it. I always feel better when I am riding a bike. However if you are unsure buy something cheaper or hire a bike. You could book a week's hire and ride holiday or a days off road training and see if it lights the old sparks.
All the best.
cheers Jak
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Glad you're at least thinking about getting back onto bikes but there is no shame in just being a fair weather biker.I've done my years of commuting all year round in all weathers.Now my bike is strictly for fun only.If the weather is crap I've got other hobbies I can do,the roads will always be there for a better day.I might go for a month without riding even in summer and not think anything of it but as soon as I get on I remember why I love bikes.Just get something cheap to ride and you won't feel it's money being wasted sitting there.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Hi Dave thought I hadn't seen you around for a while if your thinking about it your missing it
Just do what makes you happy
And welcome back (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Definitely give it another go. I ALWAYS feel better when riding and after riding my bike.
allanmac

Post by allanmac »

Hi Dave
Welcome back (thumbs) I think something cheap to get you back on two wheels & see how it goes is in order! Hopefully you reignite the spark that got you into biking in the first place.
Cheers Allan
jkay

Post by jkay »

Buy an older cheaper bike that needs some love and feetling it'll leave you both feeling better about yourselves
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

As Rederic says, do what makes you happy. (thumbs)
Two wheels, what's the big deal? :evil:
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I've no advise other than look towards happiness. If you ever want a ride out, a cuppa and and a chat let me know (thumbs)
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Blimey its a blast from the past! Do what makes you feel happy bud,riding to clear your head can be therapeutic, but take things at your own pace!
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to β€œTHE PUB”