Who earns 80 grand?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*

Who earns 80 grand?

Post by Jak* »

Does anyone know anyone who earns 80 grand? I am sure that I must do but I as the papers say that is what middle class earners are on. However a quick internet search reveals that if you were in the forces you would be a senior staff officer, some consultants, the very highest earning GPS, head teachers of very large secondary schools (mainly in the SE) and politicians are on this sort of money. Pearsonally I would not object to paying a bit more tax to safeguard our NHS, but I was just staggered to see that the papers seem to class this amount as middle income earners, I do not expect to ever earn anywhere this amount in my life time. It is no wonder I find modern motorbikes expensive I am obviously in the wrong job.
Cheers Jak
Grahamkevinbutler

Re: Who earns 80 grand?

Post by Grahamkevinbutler »

Who will admit they earn £80,000 for those that are self employed will not want to pay the amount of ridicules of tax
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Don't read the papers so I don't know which paper this is but I'm going to take a punt and guess The Mail or The Sun to frighten voters who consider themselves "middle class" into not voting Labour?
:laugh:
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Average UK wage is £26500 (Source - ONS) so maybe the £80k is a combined middle income family
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

wot you mean you lot dont, thought most gs owners did, better start pulling yer finger out and help save the country

steve :evil:
Trev

Post by Trev »

johnnyboxer wrote:Average UK wage is £26500 (Source - ONS) so maybe the £80k is a combined middle income family
I think that's more like it, I know plenty of couples whose combined flat rate income is £65k/£70k, throw in some decent overtime and the odd bonus and it's £80k+. My mates Daughter is on just over £30k (Customer Services Manager) and her other half (a brickie) can pull in nearly £40k if he has a good year (loads of hours) and they're in their late twenties with scope for improve rates as they progress.

Given that the price of a three bed semi is now closer to £300k then £250k down here then a family needs to be earning £60/65k just to pay the mortgage without such niceties as holidays, decent car and kids.

On the other hand I have plenty of self employed mates whose 'earnings' are way below the £26.5k you quote above as average wage and are no doubt dragging this figures down yet do very, very nicely thank you very much and somehow manage to buy a house ; )
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

ollydog wrote:wot you mean you lot dont, thought most gs owners did
No I don't hence = 16 year old Africa Twin (thumbs)
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I consider myself to be pretty comfortable these days but I earn no where near that much.

I know a few contractors who earn that sort of money but they run it through their companies so pay very little tax.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I know a few contractors who earn that sort of money but they run it through their companies so pay very little tax.[/quote]

.....Yep that's what we do!
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

I know exactly what you mean I personally don't pay my butler anywhere near that amount , I just about give that much to my three house staff combined (hope they don't get wind of this)
Must go I have to go and whip some of the new boys
If your not the lead dog the view never change's

Return to “THE PUB”