Sodding Ebay

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Cone

Sodding Ebay

Post by Cone »

Really wanted to buy a leo vince exhaust that was on auction for a decent price, went to bid on it in the last 20 s or so...

Thank you Bill Gates.... Crappy Windows 10 craps out and seizes, lost item grrrr!!!

Anyone got a nice exhaust for an f800 hanging around.... :angry:
Emf#53

Re: Sodding Ebay

Post by Emf#53 »

I know it doesn't help you now but for the future perhaps you could use something like Auction sniper.

You can set the bid price you're happy with and it'll bid for you just before the auction ends (you can set the number of seconds before the end of the auction that you want Ito place your bid)

The benefits are that you don't get into a bidding war and end up spending more than you wanted to and secondly you'll never miss an auction, so if you're out, away or asleep your bid will be made.
Morseman

Post by Morseman »

Auction sniper, and its like, I'm sorry but they ruined the idea of an auction, in my opinion (let's not get into the problems they cause in 'real' share markets, eh?) because, if I bid, I want to bid. If there's a sniper on, I might as well give up now because someone, somewhere, will set it to the absolute last millisecond...

So, I have given up on the auction sites.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

I have pretty much given up on bidding on ebay. Reason sniping. Not interested in getting into a bidding war only to be blown out by a snipe that goes £1 over the last bid. If I buy anything, it is for a buy it now price. If it's worth the price to me I'll buy it, if not, no big deal there is always another deal to be done in the future. Too many people get the idea that the must win and that is the only game in town. Stuff that, always be prepared to walk away if the price is not what you really want to pay.
Rederic

Post by Rederic »

Anthony29040 was looking for the same thing a few weeks ago but ended up with a PiperX ? I think it was called it looks bloody good and sounds nice
Send him a PM he will let you know how much he got it for and what he thinks of it
It does look good (thumbs)
If your not the lead dog the view never change's
Cone

Post by Cone »

Thanks. But I'm trying to avoid spending 300 quid on one as if I did there are some nice carbon MIVVS about. But as I do a lot of offloading I'll probably dent ithe or something to wreck it so I can I can pick a 2nd hand one its better for me.

But on the sites I set my max budget and try to bid in the last 100 or so. I think you have to buy the sniper tool so I don't use it. But it doesn't really max a difference as long as you don't get caught in a bidding war
ronnie69

Sodding Ebay

Post by ronnie69 »

Cone wrote:
Anyone got a nice exhaust for an f800 hanging around.... :angry:
There's a mivv someThing or other sorts for an f800gs for sale on ukgser.com for £100 delivered. Fill yer boots.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ronnie69

Sodding Ebay

Post by ronnie69 »

Zorst not sorts. Bloody autocorrect.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cone

Post by Cone »

I'm not registered on that forum & isnt the one that makes you pay to be a fully member and bid.
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

Morseman wrote:Auction sniper, and its like, I'm sorry but they ruined the idea of an auction, in my opinion (let's not get into the problems they cause in 'real' share markets, eh?) because, if I bid, I want to bid. If there's a sniper on, I might as well give up now because someone, somewhere, will set it to the absolute last millisecond...

So, I have given up on the auction sites.
But if your bid is more than what the sniper wants to bid then you win regardless of when the snipers bid is placed.

If you're willing to spend say £100 on something and it's only on £40, if you put your bid in of £100 the sniper will have to bid more than £100 to win.

Trouble is that a lot of people don't bid the amount they are happy paying so they get outbid at the last second - and there's no way of know how much you've lost that item by. The other person may have put in bid of £150 because that's what the item is worth to them - but you'll never know that as the bid will only increase by the minimum increment.

It's really simple, put in the maximum you want to pay for the item and walk away - if someone out bids you either manually or with a sniper then that person was willing to pay more for it than you were.

Return to “THE PUB”