Multi Bike Insurance Policy WTF !!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
The Sarge

Multi Bike Insurance Policy WTF !!

Post by The Sarge »

3 of my bikes are due renewal within 2 weeks of each other, so I have spent an hour looking round for the best multi bike policy to cover them, but cannot find it cheaper anywhere than insuring them individually, its 20-25% more expensive, how mad is that !! :pinch:

Sarge
Andi_Archer

Re: Multi Bike Insurance Policy WTF !!

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yep same with me I went with Motocycle direct for 4 bikes seperatly and I just changed from an 800GS to a 1200GS mid policy but the same insurer wouldnt cover it.However on the plus side they included my 7 year NCB on a new 12 month policy with another insurer.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Just have to shop around.
To add my scrambler to my GS policy (with 9 years no claims) was £550 but a separate new policy (zero no claims) was £150 fully comp .... go figure :S .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Emf#53

Post by Emf#53 »

http://www.ducatiinsurance.co.uk/

This is who I use for my multi bike policy and find them quite reasonable (thumbs)
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Have you tried Devitt, I have a policy with Novitas that lets you have up to 4 bikes.
Always found the renewal competitive and no problem paying out for a recent theft.
Worth a phone call
Uncle Buck

Post by Uncle Buck »

The Sarge wrote:3 of my bikes are due renewal within 2 weeks of each other, so I have spent an hour looking round for the best multi bike policy to cover them, but cannot find it cheaper anywhere than insuring them individually, its 20-25% more expensive, how mad is that !! :pinch:

Sarge
I tried this and it seemed cheaper but only 1 of them would let me use my ncd. So it turned out more expensive individually. Are the individual quotes with or without the ncd?
Chasbmw

Post by Chasbmw »

You need to run Classics, four bikes for very much less premium than my one modern, even though the classics are worth quite a bit more.

Pity you can't put moderns on a classics policy
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Uncle Buck wrote:
The Sarge wrote:3 of my bikes are due renewal within 2 weeks of each other, so I have spent an hour looking round for the best multi bike policy to cover them, but cannot find it cheaper anywhere than insuring them individually, its 20-25% more expensive, how mad is that !! :pinch:

Sarge
I tried this and it seemed cheaper but only 1 of them would let me use my ncd. So it turned out more expensive individually. Are the individual quotes with or without the ncd?
You can only use the NCD on one bike, so you do that on the one with the highest value. I spent 2 hours using the search engine companies like go- compare, bike wise etc and then direct with Bennets, MCE, Carol Nash, Swinton, Bikesure etc etc etc and nobody could ensure 3 bikes as a collective cheaper than the price for them individually , so if you have a multi- bike policy due for renewal, check before it is automatically renewed for you !! :pinch:

Sarge
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I tried mcncompare and got good quotes.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

.....bike policy due for renewal, check before it is automatically renewed for you !!
DO NOT allow the company to have an auto renewal!!! Bad news... :evil:

Return to “THE PUB”