So who has bits of metal screwed in them?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
GB

Re: So who has bits of metal screwed in them?

Post by GB »

Got a complete replacement shoulder and humorous after a bike accident over three years ago, pain every day and 50% less strength and 50% less range of movement :( butI'm still riding :)
Finally back on a GS :D
chrisjk

Post by chrisjk »

Plenty of broken bones along the way but no metal. I reckon the stories here prove that biking is almost as addictive as heroin - just wrecks the body, not the mind?
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

chrisjk wrote:Plenty of broken bones along the way but no metal. I reckon the stories here prove that biking is almost as addictive as heroin - just wrecks the body, not the mind?
LOL your 100% right. My biggest concern wasent how well id mend, but would i mend well enough to ride again (thumbs)
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

This thread reminds me of the scene in Jaws when they were sitting drinking in the boat showing each other their scars....."Mary Ellen Moffet, she broke my heart". :laugh:
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

About 15 years ago fell off a ladder....broke bottom leg/ankle .....ankle at right angles flapping in the wind. Surgeon was top man...said you can have screws plates etc....or lizzeroff (Spelling ?) frame. Bottom line you'll be back in a year to have all metal work removed, or with frame you'll endure 3 months of heart ache and frame removed.....happy days. Problem is when they take out the pins/metal work etc, quite often they incur fractures, hence more plaster etc. If they give you the choice, bear it in mind.......lizzeroff worked for me. Steve
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

I have a metal knee .... as shown in the x ray .... !!!
Knee01412060-2000.jpg
Knee01412060-2000.jpg (23.92 KiB) Viewed 1790 times

He he
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

chunky butt wrote:About 15 years ago fell off a ladder....broke bottom leg/ankle .....ankle at right angles flapping in the wind. Surgeon was top man...said you can have screws plates etc....or lizzeroff (Spelling ?) frame. Bottom line you'll be back in a year to have all metal work removed, or with frame you'll endure 3 months of heart ache and frame removed.....happy days. Problem is when they take out the pins/metal work etc, quite often they incur fractures, hence more plaster etc. If they give you the choice, bear it in mind.......lizzeroff worked for me. Steve
When they unscrewed external fixator bit of gas and air and got the socket set out, really!the pain of having 6 pins with 45mm thread unscrewed from bone was off the scale :sick:
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

All my metalwork is on the outside and is removable, actually there is more carbon fibre than metal but I do have a nice bit of titanium :P

leg007.JPG
leg007.JPG (67.38 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
one-legged adventurer
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Shidosan wrote:I have a metal knee .... as shown in the x ray .... !!!
Knee01412060-2000.jpg

He he
:laugh:
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Small beer for me really after I high sided on a ford a few years and broke my ankle and coller bone - both on the same side so a PITA to live with.

So, I have three titanium screws in my ankle and bit of what looks like Meccano. But the best bit was I had an epidural rather than GA - ladies, I feel your pain! - and listened while the two sawbones's argued over which size screws to fit - just like a couple of blokes fiddling with a KTM ...

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain

Return to “THE PUB”