It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mike101

Re: It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Post by Mike101 »

Bye bye Labour and the union nutters. This will be the only outcome.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

petecam wrote:Theresa May claims she will negotiate the best deal for Britain with Europe. She says he's going to be tough, yet she's scared to debate with Jeremy Corbyn who she claims is incompetent. In a debate where she actually has to answer questions about the Tories record of failing the most needy in Britain she will be exposed as the charlatan she is.

Her comment that she would rather knock on doors is laughable. So she is going to chat to 55 million people to persuade them to vote Tory, hardly seems effective or good value for money and her feet will be bloody killing her in those high heels. B) Is she not aware most people own a TV ?
I don't think she is scared at all. Why does she need to go on tv? Nobody else but her stands a chance so the whole tv thing is a waste of time and money. Corbyn will go on about stuff that the majority are not bothered about...he will look daft as usual and all she has to do is just say nothing....as for the lib dems...I've no idea what their leader looks like.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Mike101 wrote: as for the lib dems...I've no idea what their leader looks like.
Think of Dobbie the House Elf's uglier cousin..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Africa John

It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Post by Africa John »

I know who I'm voting forImage

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Speedofile

Post by Speedofile »

Could be worse boys and girls...We could be living in South Africa with Zuma or Zimbabwe with Mugabe!!
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Alan29 wrote: Bonus.
We have quite enough laws already made by politicians looking for something to do.
Sadly, most are made up by non-political (officially !!) civil servants who soldier on regardless of who is in power. They have their bums firmly stuck on a seat and they are determined to justify their existences.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Scotland won't go her own way now.

I have mixed feelings about that really.

Personally I like the Union, but have a few friends who are utterly devoted to the idea of independence and I respect them for that.

Working in Scotland though, I see how a very large amount of people got caught up in the SNP fervour, but have now completely come off the boil, in particular since the oil price crashed. Many of them are also realising that the SNPis responsible for a lot of stuff it blames on London.

I predict the SNP may get hammered, and willat the very least lose any working majority in Holyrood - and thus any grounds for IndyRef2. I also believe Sturgeon will lose her seat and end up as a listed member.

And... Ms Krankie will still blame London (regardless of who is in charge).

My other prediction is that the Scottish Torys will be offering the Greens all sorts to leave the SNP coat tails.

You see, the SNP's fanaticism about getting the Nukes out of Scotland only came about when they needed the Greens support. Before that they wanted to keep Faslane and the jobs etc. But when they needed the Greens, they changed their minds. The Greens can be bought in terms of having Eco policy promised.

Thats gonna cost the SNP too.

Because of Trump and NKorea, we won't give up Faslane so the Torys will offer the Greens something else, a big investment in something Eco in order for them to stop voting as part of the SNP block.

It will all make Mrs Mays Brexit easier...

Its gonnabe interesting!
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Philiptigerrice wrote:It will all make Mrs Mays Brexit easier...
Indeed. She didn't spend 5 days walking thinking about how to get the best deal for Britain, she spent it figuring out how to win her battles, and get her own way, and she's not stupid.

Isn't it concerning though, that we have someone who seems more interested in "My way or the highway, and I'll pull whatever stunts are needed to get my way", than someone who is actually interested in democracy?
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I have a great idea about elections generally.

We should double up on each one. i.e 2 general elections, 2 referendums etc for the same set of results, say 4 weeks apart.

This would allow the stupid sheep to realise where they went wrong and also those that don't like the result of the first round to get out of bed and actually vote in the second.

What do you lot think ? :whistle:
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

[video width=425 height=344 type=youtube]cnzo9qXLFUo[/video]
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Return to “THE PUB”