It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Post by lancashirelad »

Now a general elections been called it'll be a long few weeks on here!! :(
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
johnnyboxer

Re: It's going to be a long few weeks!!!

Post by johnnyboxer »

FFS, what a palaver

Grrr
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

As long as the posts are put in The Pub section I don't think there's a problem. Folks will know that it's gonna get political and can ignore if they want.

Personally I will be glad if it gets through the vote by MPs. I voted out last June but a lot of things have changed and a lot of untruths on both sides have come out so I think it is time for a wide ranging debate on Brexit linked to MPs promises and where they stand and what we will expect of them if they continue as an MP.

(thumbs)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I don't normally get involved in political discussions on here but it's good news for Scottish Unionists.A chance to rid ourselves of the SNP that are dragging our country down with their ineptness and uncertainty caused by continually demanding another independence referendum.
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hmm. Big hike in the value of Sterling - might be the time to sell a few...
Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Trev

Post by Trev »

You've got to give Mrs May her due, no looking a gift horse in the mouth in terms of timing - economy as good as it's been (and likely to be) for ages, Labour in turmoil, LibDems (who?) no where and even stole a march on Sturgeon. She wants, and the country needs, a government with a strong majority to avoid Brexit being an even longer and drawn out affair than the negotiations with the EU will already make it.
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

It's a clever way of giving the public a second referendum. If one party promises to remain, that party will win. May wasn't elected as the countries leader by the people, and 52% of the people don't want to be ruled by unelected people, this is what the brexiteers wanted, democracy, sovereignty and us remoaners get our chance to overthrow brexit with what I feel is a 2nd referendum.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I think you underestimate the pi$$ed off-ness of Brexiteers if Article 50 gets revoked (if it actually can) or an attempt is made to have a second referendum. That would be the end of democracy in the this country IMHO.
The ball is rolling and the people have already voted to leave.
LET IT GO!!!!!!
You can't keep trying until you get the result you want - Krankie will soon find that when when hopefully she gets kicked back to a handful of seats.

Sorry it's the same old rant but the remoaners won't stop either.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

You couldn't be more wrong. Just because leave won the referendum almost a year ago does not mean that the majority of the population still want to leave. Democracy is an ongoing thing. If this time, the majority want to remain, like we had rammed down our throats, you'll have to suck it up, it will be democracy. Likewise, if people still vote for a pro-Brexit party, retainers will have to suck it up. But if all parties stand by Brexit, we're all fecked.
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote:I think you underestimate the pi$$ed off-ness of Brexiteers if Article 50 gets revoked (if it actually can) or an attempt is made to have a second referendum. That would be the end of democracy in the this country IMHO.
The ball is rolling and the people have already voted to leave.
David, all "the people" have not voted to leave - only a percentage.

The referendum should have demanded a significant majority, not a Gnat's cock of difference!

The "pi$$ed off-ness" of brexiteers is as nothing compared to the pi$$ed off-ness of remoaners.

The Brexit vote has already destroyed democracy in the UK.

Return to “THE PUB”