Could happen anywhere, but my neck of the woods.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
lancashirelad

Re: Could happen anywhere, but my neck of the woods.

Post by lancashirelad »

I had a similar thing happen to me on the road up the side of Loch Ness but it was a 4x4 a local told me it happens a lot people fly into Inverness & hire a car then stop looking at views then automatically set off on the r/h side of the road but a truck doing it is scary though.

But I've done it myself the odd time abroad :whistle:
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Yea a continental driver either straight off the ferry or day dreaming of driving abroad its easy done and looking at the video they were lucky not to get crushed.
STRATARIDER

Post by STRATARIDER »

It was miles away from a ferry port, but there is a large layby a little further up the road so could have pulled out after a stop and proceeded on the wrong side.
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Followed this elderly lady client of mine to mot station. ...turned corner on to station road on wrong side....car coming other way stopped just before station.my clients arms were communicating nicely....nearly pissed my self laughing. .then she realised what she'd done.
Mad Cow

Post by Mad Cow »

Some years ago I was sitting at traffic lights behind an old Ford Mustang who was signalling to turn left onto the A10 dual carriageway near Cheshunt in Hertfordshire .

As the lights changed, the Mustang driver floored it, crossed the junction and sped off up the wrong carriageway!!! The next junction being a few miles further up the road

It was wearing US plates so I guess it was a recent arrival with the USAF at Lakenheath or Mildenhall!

I was going straight on so never saw what occurred, i did check the local news that evening and the local paper that week but nothing was mentioned so I can only think he quickly realised his error and pulled a U Turn
Tony AKA MAD COW

KTM 1090 Adventure R

KTM 450 EXC Rally

MY BLOG
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Mad Cow wrote:Some years ago I was sitting at traffic lights behind an old Ford Mustang who was signalling to turn left onto the A10 dual carriageway near Cheshunt in Hertfordshire .

As the lights changed, the Mustang driver floored it, crossed the junction and sped off up the wrong carriageway!!! The next junction being a few miles further up the road

It was wearing US plates so I guess it was a recent arrival with the USAF at Lakenheath or Mildenhall!

I was going straight on so never saw what occurred, i did check the local news that evening and the local paper that week but nothing was mentioned so I can only think he quickly realised his error and pulled a U Turn
I did a similar thing around the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. Exited the roundabout the wrong side of the road.

Figured my mistake out pretty quick :ohmy:
bowber

Post by bowber »

I've done it on the continent, strangely after a few weeks of travel, just pulled right out of the junction onto the left hand side of the road, fortunately no traffic.

Steve
Hoggyf

Post by Hoggyf »

Happened to me 20 yr ago, guy (who normally lives in France) pulled out of a junction in the dark on the wrong side of the rad, we met on the brow of a hill head on and wrote off both cars, took an hour to cut my Mrs out our car! No one was seriously hurt though thankfully!
Then:
Honda MB5, Honda MBX125, 350LC, RGV250, MTX125, GasGas JTX250, CM 644 DS, BMW R1100S, Beta Rev3 250, Beta Rev4T, Honda XL700V Transalp, BMW F800 GS, Kawasaki Super Sherpa
Now:
Montesa 4RT, Triumph Tiger 800, Beta Alp, Montesa 315
RandG

Post by RandG »

Over in Spain last September I stopped off at a layby on the other side of the road for 5 minutes, when done I proceeded down the twisty road to find a car coming straight at me on what I thought was my side of the road, I shit myself and was raging, then I realised I was riding on the left after I exited that layby, possibly the most scariest moment I've had in the past ten years of riding.

Return to “THE PUB”