For the ones that never came home

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
moto al

Re: For the ones that never came home

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps ,just remember you don't have a monopoly,l On views in the U.K. So please try too see other folks point of view . Al . Ps I know it's difficult for some of you ...........
moto al
BobH

Post by BobH »

moto al wrote:I'm very sorry you lost friends spud ,please , please . Don't get on your soapbox again. Stick too biking .Al
Spud was just remembering lost friends, no soapbox used. As a Marine who served there during the fighting I can well understand his sentiment. Your reply was unnecessary. If you did not like the sentiment to the fallen there was really no need to comment and you could read on to more bike related posts. I will now get off my sandbag.
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

moto al wrote:Hi chaps ,just remember you don't have a monopoly,l On views in the U.K. So please try too see other folks point of view . Al . Ps I know it's difficult for some of you ...........
You have not expressed a point of view for anyone else to see!

You just criticized Spud for remembering his lost comrades. You need help.
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

moto al wrote:Hi chaps ,just remember you don't have a monopoly,l On views in the U.K. So please try too see other folks point of view . Al . Ps I know it's difficult for some of you ...........
Al, Spud was remembering fallen friends and comrades. He wasent being political. Soldiers/Sailors are sent to fight by politicians voted in by the public and are not the cause of conflict. I did,ent serve in that conflict but i was in the army and ive many old friends who i trained and served with, proud men from the Scots Guards who covered their regiment and country with glory for their actions on Mount Tumbledown. Some people say if you,ve never ridden a motorcycle then you cant understand, well perhaps if you,ve never served then the same applies. I know you have family who have done their duty in the past so i cant understand why you think Spud is climbing on a soap box remembering comrades.

Spud/Red i salute you all
midlife

Post by midlife »

Thank you all for your service
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

I too read a memorial link... and some reminiscing chit chat ....I do wonder indeed how someone came up with something other than what I read?

This is most interesting...the English that I read must be different English in someone else's head and if so what goes on in their head to actually see it as being different........most bizarre.

In this instance and when reading simple English, when one reads that their gas bill is too expensive do they 'phone the electricity company to complain?

:blink:

:)
Will It Buff Out?
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

placky2 wrote:its a public forum and anybody can post anything they want.maybe you should stay off here moto al if you don't like it.spud is one of lifes good guys.
Well said. (Who let him back anyway?)
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

and he's gone again
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
hornet

Post by hornet »

Reading about two blokes memories from a war that happened on the other side of the world 3 and a bit decades ago is quite a thing thank you for your efforts and to all the men and women who have served this country.

As for the political grumbling perhaps this isn't the thread to play with

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
placky2

Post by placky2 »

Teflon Jnr wrote:and he's gone again
im sorry but I think that he shouldn't be allowed back on again.shows total disrespect for others and is quite abusive.
spud did nothing wrong and frankly should be applauded for his sentiment and past service,he is a damm good egg who served and still serves the country,now with his physio work.the world would be a better place with more like him and a lot less like moto al. dropping off my soapbox now....... :whistle:
bosses are like nappys,always hanging round ya arse and full of shit.

life is like a shit sandwich,the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

never get into owt you cant get out of.

Return to “THE PUB”