for my shipmates who never made it home, I remember you brothers

http://www.shipmatesreunited.com/the-fa ... -war-1982/

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Andi_Archer

Re: For the ones that never came home

Post by Andi_Archer »

A timely reminder for those wishing to place others lives in harms way for Political goals.
We salute your service and RIP brave souls (thumbs)

Just this last week I was reading through the section a book relating the tales of the Submarine service during that era.A very busy and frustrating time they had too patrolling the area providing protection from Argentinian vessels approaching the fleet .
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

refuelled a diesel submarine on a few occasions which was doing sneaky stuff and every time I saw it, it had more dents on it :ohmy:

That was a long trip for those guys, there was only 2 of us allowed to talk to the crew whilst fueling the thing. Always remember the smell when they opened the hatch :sick:

It always come along side in the middle of the night silent death for sure and never actually found out which boat it was

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

A very timely reminder that certain ladies should not have brave young men loose their lives in order to save thier own political a****s ...

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

Andi_Archer wrote:A timely reminder for those wishing to place others lives in harms way for Political goals.
The Spanish Biker wrote:A very timely reminder that certain ladies should not have brave young men loose their lives in order to save thier own political a****s ...
Simon
Spud put this on as a memorial to his lost mates. Is it realy necessary to turn it into a political rant. If you were there, you would know that the people there were British through and through. As such they deserve our protection and support.

Whilst there, I wondered it were there for the right reasons. After the war was over, we were housed by the locals and one member of our hosts family, the Stewart's, opened their sideboard cupboard and pulled out a Kays catalog just the same as I had in my sideboard at home.

Keep your political views to where they are appropriate.
Redmurty wrote:for my shipmates who never made it home, I remember you brothers

http://www.shipmatesreunited.com/the-fa ... -war-1982/

cheers Spud ;)
Spud, I am with you on this. Many of the guys I went down there with did not come back either.

At the going down of the Sun, we will remember them.
gbags

Post by gbags »

The Spanish Biker wrote:A very timely reminder that certain ladies should not have brave young men loose their lives in order to save thier own political a****s ...

Simon
I'd have said she didn't have much choice after a certain Argentine general tried to save his political arse by invading the Falklands in order to deflect internal anger at his regime. What would you have her do? Give the Falklands up?
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Simon
What a load of bollox!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Here here, complete load of bollox....
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

i total agree with the old saying, wars are fought by failed politicians who should because of their failings be put on the front line, not line their pockets for fortune and fame (Mr Smarmy you know who)

steve
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

gbags wrote:

Simon
I'd have said she didn't have much choice after a certain Argentine general tried to save his political arse by invading the Falklands in order to deflect internal anger at his regime. What would you have her do? Give the Falklands up?
with the political intelligence available don't be so naive, we should have not been caught out

steve

Return to “THE PUB”