Any Instructors on here?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
benp1992

Any Instructors on here?

Post by benp1992 »

Morning all,

Is there any motorcycle instructors on this forum? Would you be able to give me a rough rate a motorcycle instructor would earn? I know a lot depends on the company and area. However i am coming out of the RAF and looking at becoming a instructor using my resettlement as its something i have thought about doing for a while.So just trying to build up a picture on whether it will provide enough pay once i come out of the RAF.
Spadger

Re: Any Instructors on here?

Post by Spadger »

I did
It for a year or
So
After leaving my job , in the north of England , wasn't much better than minimum wage , not so bad if it's just enhancing a pension
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

Spadger wrote:I did
It for a year or
So
After leaving my job , in the north of England , wasn't much better than minimum wage , not so bad if it's just enhancing a pension
Did you have to fork out for training and a qualification before you became an instructor, and if so how much? Something I thought of when I retired, but as you mentioned, the pay looks pretty poor.
SIF

Post by SIF »

benp1992 wrote:Morning all,

Is there any motorcycle instructors on this forum? Would you be able to give me a rough rate a motorcycle instructor would earn? I know a lot depends on the company and area. However i am coming out of the RAF and looking at becoming a instructor using my resettlement as its something i have thought about doing for a while.So just trying to build up a picture on whether it will provide enough pay once i come out of the RAF.
My mate does it, started off doing CBT down training, he's now fully qualified but it's only about 100 quid a day.
bowber

Post by bowber »

My cousin had his car instructor ticket but has let it laps as he struggled to make any money in our area but just recently he looked into getting his bike instructor qualifications and he said that the bike training is still unregulated but it's about to become regulated (his words not mine), so I suspect this will effect the training you'll need.

steve
benp1992

Post by benp1992 »

Have heard roughly simmilar for pay at £100 a day. Will keep digging
Spadger

Post by Spadger »

No, the training for initial CBT stuff can be done by the training school , if they are inclined to
Do so and to be honest they should be grateful for your willingness to train , the further training for direct access was my own cost , but doesn't have to be , good luck if you do it , I packed in because it interfered with my bike riding

Return to “THE PUB”