Do you believe what you read on motorcycle forums?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: Do you believe what you read on motorcycle forums?

Post by Redmurty »

gspod wrote:Before anyone gets upset, my tongue is in my cheek (thumbs)
I think you'll find 'pulling your leg' is a much more reliable form of jocular intention. You'll be in A&E constantly with that tongue in cheek :laugh:[/quote]

he didn't say whose cheek :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
geoham

Post by geoham »

AlanHolt wrote:It depends on the forum. Adventure bike forums are probably the worst for having such a wide range of opinions because everyone has a different idea of what they consider to be 'adventure'. On here, we have people who have never left the UK, people who rarely ride on tarmac, people who only ride on tarmac, people who only consider an adventure to be in a foreign country. Old people, young people, people who want comfort and stay in hotels, people who want off-road ability and rough it in a bivvi. The range of opinions is vast and therefore less likely to be appropriate to your question.
Compare that to say a ZX10R or fireblade forum, where almost all members are aged between 25 and 45, all are only interested in speed and handling. People only post about performance or maintenance issues, and the discussion is limited, but everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.
I have to agree with Alan.
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

There are a few on here that, politely, are a little misguided. :laugh:

At least most bods try to be genuinely helpful, right or wrong. (thumbs)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

Treadtrader wrote:There are a few on here that, politely, are a little misguided. :laugh:

Mods included ??? :whistle: (thumbs) :P
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

zimtim wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:There are a few on here that, politely, are a little misguided. :laugh:

Mods included ??? :whistle: (thumbs) :P
Nah, we're always right. :whistle:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

we are all `adventure bike` riders, of some sort, and although all different, with different values, ages, experiences and opinions, we all have in common that .. we all ride bikes.

we are all bikers.

I don't think anyone, these interweb days, believes a thing they read 100%.
.. fake news, alternative facts, government propaganda and lies, political editorials, party politics, dirty tricks, advertising hype, surveillance informations, dodgy dossiers, celebrity status, Oscar nominations, film critics, bankers, banks, insurance companies, telesales, cold calls, bent coppers, traffic wardens, traffic cameras, nips, cozy prisons, lawyers, paedophiles, internet grooming, mass murderers, politicians, royalty, corgis with short legs, sausage dog adverts, insurance, costly burials, price of houses, sub-prime mortgage, job insecurity, jobless figures, immigration, racial hatred, hate crimes, crimes against humanity, genocide, refugees, fruit pickers abroad, European passports, plastic money, bendy fivers, credit cards, interest payments, bailiffs, bouncers, legal highs, stella lager, stella alpine, snow line limit, limit of endurance, end of line,
boatman

Post by boatman »

AlanHolt wrote:It depends on the forum. Adventure bike forums are probably the worst for having such a wide range of opinions because everyone has a different idea of what they consider to be 'adventure'. On here, we have people who have never left the UK, people who rarely ride on tarmac, people who only ride on tarmac, people who only consider an adventure to be in a foreign country. Old people, young people, people who want comfort and stay in hotels, people who want off-road ability and rough it in a bivvi. The range of opinions is vast and therefore less likely to be appropriate to your question.
Compare that to say a ZX10R or fireblade forum, where almost all members are aged between 25 and 45, all are only interested in speed and handling. People only post about performance or maintenance issues, and the discussion is limited, but everyone is singing from the same hymn sheet.

NAILED IT !!!!! (thumbs)
Alan for President :) :) :)
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

I haven't been to Euroland yet because I need a 100l fuel tank fitting to the bike and a back up fuel tank fitted elsewhere! because you can't buy petrol on your card and all the petrol stations are automated yes that's right every single one! I need to find the biggest panniers ever because I have to take so much stuff with me, like Adult painkillers Medicine for stomach upsets, Antiseptic Lotion, Antihistamines, Anti-diarrhoea medicine, Rehydration solution for diarrhoea, water purification tablets, Insect repellent and bite lotion, Insect sting spray,Plug-in mosquito killer units, Burn ointment and many many more items all because there are no shops or chemists in the likes of France and when you find them they are never open. It's a miracle anyone manages touring in Europe. Do I believe what I read!! hell yeah :woohoo: :whistle:
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

boatman wrote:

NAILED IT !!!!! (thumbs)
Alan for President :) :) :)
I agree with Alan, except the bit where he says...."Adventure bike forums are the probably the worst for having such a wide range of opinions......."
That should be....the BEST for having such a wide range of opinions......
moto al

Post by moto al »

image_2017-03-04.png
image_2017-03-04.png (455.97 KiB) Viewed 2114 times
He he (thumbs)
moto al

Return to “THE PUB”