Eurosport on SKY TV

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Andi_Archer

Re: Eurosport on SKY TV

Post by Andi_Archer »

Given for me their new Q boxes are around £15/month dearer for the same service Im not suprised
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I sent them this a couple of days ago....

I would just like to inform you that if you part company with Discovery, I will be looking to leave Sky and seek other methods of viewing these quality channel that we view on a regular basis.

We pay you a lot of money each month and I doubt very much that you will reduce our payment for this reduction in service. On top of this all your channels are festooned with adverts which I would still have to suffer if I moved my business to a cheaper (or free) service.

For you information.

And got this reply.....

Thank you for your email regarding the Discovery Channels.

We are still in negotiations with the Discovery Channel, to renew our contract with them, however we, like many other platforms and broadcasters across Europe, have found the price expectations for the Discovery portfolio to be unrealistic.

As it stands, from 1 February, Discovery Communications’ portfolio of channels are unlikely to be available in Sky TV packages.

We will continue to invest the same amount of money into content we know our customers value.

For all the latest updates please refer to the website below:

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/chang ... y-channels

Kind regards
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

It was bad enough when Moto GP went to BT Sport a few years ago and they wanted £6 per month extra if you didn't already have the BT Sport channel,not only that they gave bloody Melanie Sykes a job as a presenter FFS.I made a decision then that i'd give up on the full coverage of Moto GP and settle for the ITV highlights which hardly shows anything of the Moto2 & Moto3 classes which can't do the sport any good.Now the BSB & WSBK coverage,i remember when boxing was a massive sport until Sky came to town and started making it only available for those who could afford it,looks like the bikes are going this way to.

:(
Mr K

Post by Mr K »

Boggs wrote:It was bad enough when Moto GP went to BT Sport a few years ago and they wanted £6 per month extra if you didn't already have the BT Sport channel,not only that they gave bloody Melanie Sykes a job as a presenter FFS.I made a decision then that i'd give up on the full coverage of Moto GP and settle for the ITV highlights which hardly shows anything of the Moto2 & Moto3 classes which can't do the sport any good.Now the BSB & WSBK coverage,i remember when boxing was a massive sport until Sky came to town and started making it only available for those who could afford it,looks like the bikes are going this way to.

:(
The BT Sport coverage of MotoGP and 2 and 3 is quite extensive and in my opinion very good, better than it was on Eurosport....and Ms Sykes has long since gone.

:)
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I picked up the Eurosport app for £20 at the weekend and it works a treat through Chromecast.
Freesat box comes today. We watch a fair bit on there so even £60 a year is ok for us.

Sky get told to &%^^&* off tomorrow - We can spend the £840 a year to watch the golf in person rather than on tv. And I won't be contributing to the disgusting amount of money that goes to football.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
bowber

Post by bowber »

Stopped with Sky years ago and it's been one of the best money savers I've ever done, replaced it with a Freesat box and streaming services that I can subscribe to as and when I feel like it.
If there are some Sky programs you don't want to miss look at NowTV, Sky streamed over the internet but you're in control of the subscription with no 1/2 hour phone calls with repeated "Are you sure sir?"

Steve
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

The less than kosher Zgemma and openbox set top boxes (costing £75 & £30 respectively, and £15+ for 24 months access) with their ability to show all Sly and Bt channels inc ppv via the standard Sly dish without the huge financial commitment have taken a slice out of the broadcasting revenue stream. People are ditching the expensive contracts, unplugging the Sly box and plugging in these set top boxes, and receiving the same services for pennies albeit without the on demand box sets etc.
Tyrant68

Post by Tyrant68 »

Discovery is no loss to me, only so many program's on Alaska, fast n loud and finding gold I can tolerate.
Rather PBS and Nat Geo.
Eurosport will definitely miss, love the wintersport coverage, especially skiing/boarding.
Dislike watching media on anything but a TV, whats the point of having 48 in HD tv then watch on a ruddy 15 laptop or 10in tablet ????
Out of contract with sky so pay about £28 a month for everything but sport and movie channels. BB is BT and tied in until june, have BT sport. Looked at virgin but you have to have the lot can't just have TV.
"The trails of the world be countless, and most of the trails be tried.

You tread on the heels of many, till you come where the ways divide.

And one lies safe in the sunlight, and the other is dreary and wan, Yet you look aslant at the Lone Trail, and the Lone Trail lures you on....

....Bid good-bye to sweetheart, bid goodbye to friend, The Lone Trail, the Lone Trail, follow to the end.

Tarry not, and fear not, chosen of the true;

Lover of the Lone Trail, The Lone Trail waits for you"
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

the problem with all the streaming services is you can't record them. im almost never home or doing nothing on a sunday so i've always recorded the wsb. i have mobdro too so i can stream the motogp FOC but like i said i very rarely sit down to watch anything live - i'm out in the sun! i recently hacked my amazon box with kodi so can get all the tv shows and films on the internet foc too, so sky is only there for a convenience. can't dump them just yet as i upgraded to hd and still have a few months to go.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Tyrant68 wrote:Discovery is no loss to me, only so many program's on Alaska, fast n loud and finding gold I can tolerate.
Rather PBS and Nat Geo.
Eurosport will definitely miss, love the wintersport coverage, especially skiing/boarding.
Dislike watching media on anything but a TV, whats the point of having 48 in HD tv then watch on a ruddy 15 laptop or 10in tablet ????
Out of contract with sky so pay about £28 a month for everything but sport and movie channels. BB is BT and tied in until june, have BT sport. Looked at virgin but you have to have the lot can't just have TV.
Get a Chromecast or similar and transmit it to the tv. About £30 ish.
I signed up for the Eurosport app at the weekend and it works a treat. Still a mere £20 for the year until tonight.
Even at the normal £60 a year it's worth it for us. Winter sports, cycling and athletics at the very least. :)
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R

Return to “THE PUB”