humour time...fizzy or ap50?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Helicoptermanr22

Re: humour time...fizzy or ap50?

Post by Helicoptermanr22 »

FSIE for me, Micron Power pipe, Boyesen racing reeds, take the head gasket out, = 50mph
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Fizzy. Bought one as a box of bits from a yoof, when I was 16, who swore it was complete and just needed putting back together. A week later I was banging on his door wanting my money back.. which I got. Lots of bits were missing.
I ended up with a brand new Simson S50 for £300 instead.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Blue AP50 as my main 'ped' to get to work but had a yellow Garelli Tiger Cross and red Gillera as unreliable exotica
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Simson for me. My dad insisted that cos I was still college that I have a new bike as I would not be spending time fixing it. It was great it just meant I spent more time riding it. He also insisted I did the RAC/ACU course which probably saved my life
The Simpson did a genuine 40 mph (50 if you were lying on the tank down along steep hill), it did 100mpg, would carry a pillion, had a great tool kit most of which I have still got. It also had that luxury that seems to come as an optional extra with most modern bikes a comfortable seat.
It's Achilles heel was the pneumant tyres. I spent a year assuming it was normal to fall off every time it rained.
Cheers Jak
Locksmith

Post by Locksmith »

I had a Fizzy, 65cc big bore, Micron and rejetted. Easy 50mph but would eat spark plugs for some reason.
Suzuki DL650 (Wee) with many nice mods ..

Yamaha XT660Z Tenere also modded ..

http://www.v-strom.co.uk/phpBB3/

http://www.adventurebikers.net/forum/index.php
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Neither of those, Garelli Tiger Cross............ when it worked :whistle:

one-legged adventurer
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Same as Bob, Tiger X blew the Jap shite away by 10 mph (thumbs)
devonuk

Post by devonuk »

Blue AP50 for me too... LDR528R if its still alive and kicking. Had a separate oil tank and a 1 down 4 up gearbox if I remember correctly. Thought I was the dogs doodahs on that mean machine, which took the wife and I all over Devon and Cornwall (slowly) once I'd passed my test :)
Old Git Ray

Post by Old Git Ray »

I had an early gold FS1E. Pedals etc. £145.

AHK156L on the front and AHK155L on the back. Had it nearly a year before old bill pointed it out to me. Doh!

Went like stink and pissed all the other 50s off. I think it must have been the Nitro Methane model aeroplane fuel !!!
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Fizzy......but in 1980 on my 16th I first got a brand new MT5 (white) which got written off after 3 months under a car pulling out. I was glad really as I was always last to the chippy! Then to get me to work when I recovered my Dad (he had just opened a bike shop in Hull) let me use a cb50j :blush: :blush: Hated that bike! So saved and got a blue Fizzy and was first to arrive at the chippy B) :woohoo: Later got the MT back and de-restricted it...60 mph...BANG!
The AP`s just seemed so old manish with the round tanks, I suppose it was the commuting B120 which tarnished my mind :laugh:
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.

Return to “THE PUB”