N.C.D. and old insurers unhelpful attitude...is it just me?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Bigdavesmate

N.C.D. and old insurers unhelpful attitude...is it just me?

Post by Bigdavesmate »

Recently renewed my insurance, great I thought, that's another year sorted... but oh no after the money has changed hands you get the certificate through, only to realize that the certificate is only valid for 30 days???

Reading on you realize that before the full cert is issued they require proof of N.C.D (no mention of this during the booking phase) "you have 7 days to send proof of N.C.D)

OK, I thought I'll just contact my previous insurer and they will gleefully send it along...but you've guessed, it doesn't benefit them so it's like pulling fecking teeth.

In this day and age when file sharing ( and selling your details) among insurers to almost anyone is the norm and you cant fart without it being recorded somewhere, surly the new insurers should already be privy to my history?

The little tinkers!!!
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
sprintster

Re: N.C.D. and old insurers unhelpful attitude...is it just me?

Post by sprintster »

Agreed,you would think it would be easy for your new insurers to check the "shared information" they're always telling us about.If you had a renewal notice from your previous insurers the NCD would have been on there though.
Paul_XRV750

Post by Paul_XRV750 »

I changed my insurance from Carole Nash (underwriter AVIVA) to Bennetts (underwriter AVIVA) this year, but didn't need to show NCD as it was the same underwriter. It is a faff though if underwriters are different.
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

Try giving your new insurers your old policy number and insurers / underwriters details
TomBoyNI

Post by TomBoyNI »

Does your renewal quote not have your NCD number of years listed?

I have found that document normally works.
Boo :-p

https://tbni.blog
Motorcycling | Technology | Photography
Bigdavesmate

Post by Bigdavesmate »

its a multi bike policy so slightly more complicated.
Too often I would hear men boast of the miles covered that day, rarely of what they had seen.- Louis L'Amour
micksea

Post by micksea »

Report them to the ombudsman,I do every time if they don't get it to me within 48 hours of asking.it's dodgy practice that they think they can get away with.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

micksea wrote:Report them to the ombudsman,I do every time if they don't get it to me within 48 hours of asking.it's dodgy practice that they think they can get away with.
+1. Kick them in the bollocks. Bloody insurance companies really are a pain to deal with if you are not daft enough to accept their rip off quote.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

micksea wrote:Report them to the ombudsman,I do every time if they don't get it to me within 48 hours of asking.it's dodgy practice that they think they can get away with.
redbikejohn

Post by redbikejohn »

A few years back that happened to me, only I didn't open the letter for a while as I just thought it was the certificate. Then I got another letter and opened that to find a "we have cancelled your policy" letter in it. When paying over the phone they never told me I would have to send them the ncd proof.
Yamaha tenere 700
XT660Z written off from behind by car.

Check out www.redbikejohn.com for ride & race reports (enduro, H&H etc).

Return to “THE PUB”