Any advice on physio

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
micksea

Re: Any advice on physio

Post by micksea »

Mac 60 wrote:
Tramp wrote:Mac...see a private sports therapist near you who also does deep muscle,tendon manipulation and can specify exercise,manipulation you can do on your own..

I had a double fracture dislocation of wrist over 18 mnths ago ...i saw spud off this forum and well ..im almost back to 100%.. Need morning stretch exercise to wake the tendons up. And also after the muscles cramp up...ive dropped a few things of late from seized grip...so need to pay attention to pain input...

Nhs are basic ...see the professional and you will get full recovery if you work at it...

Bedt of luck
Thanks for that mate i will do just that. Its not my drive or mental state thats lacking, more a lack of guidance on the best techniques for me. God knows 23 years military and being widowed at 43 and left a single parent has built up plenty of resolve and determination. Lectures i dont need lol (thumbs)
I wasn't giving you a lecture.you asked for some advice so I gave you some based on first hand knowledge.good luck with your recovery (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Right what I would do if it was me, seeing as I have not seen you. I would split the exercise's up and do little often rather than doing them all in one go. That way you can concentrate on individual exercise and be giving the last one as much attention as the first one.

There is a great guy over in Ireland called James Earls, I 've been on all his course's (thumbs)

If you can't get to see James have a look at a good Sport's Therapist in your area and get some deep tissue work done to get the soft tissue functioning as it should

I will PM you my number you are more than welcome to give me a call any time for a chat

PM sent...
remember without fully functioning soft tissue the limb cannot fully function, it's the soft tissue that moves it (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

Redmurty wrote:Right what I would do if it was me, seeing as I have not seen you. I would split the exercise's up and do little often rather than doing them all in one go. That way you can concentrate on individual exercise and be giving the last one as much attention as the first one.

There is a great guy over in Ireland called James Earls, I 've been on all his course's (thumbs)

If you can't get to see James have a look at a good Sport's Therapist in your area and get some deep tissue work done to get the soft tissue functioning as it should

I will PM you my number you are more than welcome to give me a call any time for a chat

PM sent...
remember without fully functioning soft tissue the limb cannot fully function, it's the soft tissue that moves it (thumbs)
cheers Spud ;)
Thanks for that , i will get back to you. I realised i am tending to concentrate on the exercises that are the most difficult (painfull} and the ones that have become easier ive been using to warm up. Of course without guidance its all guess work. (thumbs)
suzivstrom650

Post by suzivstrom650 »

Good to hear you are making progress mate (thumbs) (you're probably doing better than you think).
See you back out on the road when you.re ready
D.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Mac 60 wrote:
Redmurty wrote:Right what I would do if it was me, seeing as I have not seen you. I would split the exercise's up and do little often rather than doing them all in one go. That way you can concentrate on individual exercise and be giving the last one as much attention as the first one.

PM sent...
cheers Spud ;)
Thanks for that , i will get back to you. I realised i am tending to concentrate on the exercises that are the most difficult (painfull} and the ones that have become easier ive been using to warm up. Of course without guidance its all guess work. (thumbs)
pain is not great it's a warning, so work to the point of discomfort but not pain, ease into the movements. Forcing stuff can cause problems with muscle spasm ect. Just like working on your bike, once in a while a Birmingham screw driver is necessary but usual finesse works better (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)

paul_tim2000

Post by paul_tim2000 »

Only advice I can give is to keep pushing the limits of movement and not worry as much about absolute strength.
Scar tissue and shrinkage in tissues quickly limits the range of movement you have. I broke my wrist skiing in Canada and had to have it rebroken and realigned back in the UK a few weeks later, best advice I was given, once I had the cast and wires removed, was to flex the joint as far as possible as often as I could as well as doing the physio exercises to rebuild strength. Took a good 6 - 9 months to get full range of movement and strength back in the joint.
Good luck
nwmschris

Post by nwmschris »

Hi paul glad to hear you are getting better . I wouldnt wory too mutch about getting better too soon you suffered quite a severe injury it will take time its early doors yet . Just keep up with your exercises you know your body better than anybody . Some guidance from a proffesional will help but dont over do things . I have had major pain in the last 12 months To the point of crying with it ..but my injurys were nowhere near as bad as your injurys and im still getting better every week . You probably do feel as though you have hit a wall with the recovery . Things may just take more time . Keep up the spirit and im sure we will all see you soon . (thumbs)
jackofall

Post by jackofall »

mac60 I lowsided 8 weeks ago dislocating my AC joint, torn rotator cuff and torn ligaments, no fractures luckily!! I too am still in severe pain but back to work 3 weeks ago (construction). Every day is painful one but mobility is returning SLOWLY!! The pain is worst factor I know but the exercises do help. I too have NHS physio every fortnight, my guy used to wipe the snotty noses and handle the magic sponge for Bournemouth football club but seems to know his stuff!!! You can always get a second opinion or go private. You can scoff but i've found TURMERIC tablets help a lot!! Worth a try.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

jackofall wrote:mac60 I lowsided 8 weeks ago dislocating my AC joint, torn rotator cuff and torn ligaments, no fractures luckily!! I too am still in severe pain but back to work 3 weeks ago (construction). Every day is painful one but mobility is returning SLOWLY!! The pain is worst factor I know but the exercises do help. I too have NHS physio every fortnight, my guy used to wipe the snotty noses and handle the magic sponge for Bournemouth football club but seems to know his stuff!!! You can always get a second opinion or go private. You can scoff but i've found TURMERIC tablets help a lot!! Worth a try.
+1 for Tumeric

cheers Spud ;)

Return to “THE PUB”