A new knee

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
placky2

Re: A new knee

Post by placky2 »

Hi mate,that would be good,your always welcome.ill pm you my add,just let us know if you are coming and ill try and make sure im in.
bosses are like nappys,always hanging round ya arse and full of shit.

life is like a shit sandwich,the more bread you have the less shit you eat.

never get into owt you cant get out of.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I drink a lot of tea (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
placky2

Post by placky2 »

Redmurty wrote:I drink a lot of tea (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
that's ok,we buy bags of 450 tea bags at a time and currently have 3......

Yorkshire tea too.

windbreaker

Post by windbreaker »

Hi all,
I did a knee november last year, at least three month reconvalecens, just got better and better.
Was on heavy painrelief and daily bloodclot injections for two month. Small problems with muscular control. I had private soft-tissue treatment, worth every cent. My taxes paid for conventional physioterapi, he gave me a lot of good advice.
At the 12 month check the chief physioterapist was impressed with the improvement, and a week later something went wrong. the suspect is a pad behind the plastic kneecap that is maybe loosend.
The knee is a bigger and more complicated op than I was led to believe, now I am grounded and working my way back. Mid januar '17 there is a new assesement - until then surgeon says I should always have crutches and a mobile-telephone to hand.
I too had a plastic kneecap (Amiens '82) which was well worn, so I was happy to have the knee replacement. You have to work for recovery, don't be afraid of pain - that's just weakness leaving the body, from the military.
I hope you will make a good recovery, it's hard work.

Safe travels

Peter, in Oslo
Sidecarwilly

Post by Sidecarwilly »

Hello - I had my right knee replaced a year ago and my left knee this July. I can honestly say the new knees have changed my life. I can walk now for a couple of hours where previously ten minutes was enough before I had to sit down.

I got over both operations very quickly - all down to doing the exercises and walking. However- bending my knees is an issue - Sadly so much so I could not ride my Suzuki 380GT [1976] - so i sold it. I can ride my Triumph America as it has forward controls - a sidecar outfit. My Triumph 750 T140E is fine too as foot rests are further forward than the Suzuki.

Both knees have an area of numbness but hey a small price to pay
placky2

Post by placky2 »

good luck with a speedy recovery mate,im struggling with it all BUT will get there.
ride free and safe.thats to both of the last two posts!

john-g

Post by john-g »

Hi Willy, agree with you completely, but sorry that you have problems bending knees to the extent you had to sell one of your bikes. I won't go into my Op as have posted my experiences previously. But I do agree with your comments, especially regarding doing the exercises as these have to be followed exactly as recommended. I'm fortunate in that I'm back on both my Blackbird and Crossrunner.

Return to “THE PUB”