Lily Livered politicians

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Shidosan

Lily Livered politicians

Post by Shidosan »

Sorry for the rant but I cant get out on my bike to shake it off !!
Just been watching the News and is it me or is anybody else sick and tired of lily livered politicians and economists talking down post Bexit Britain and preaching uncertainty and Apocalyptic consequences at every opportunity and in turn plunging the value of the pound and the stock exchange down and down.

Do we need our politicians to take a leaf out of Donald Trump's book and stand up for our country......

Put the GREAT back into Great Britain ....
Put the UNITED back into the United Kingdom ....

Rebuild our great innovative and manufacturing heritage, stop borrowing billions and billions and then giving it away in "overseas aid ", stop subsiding the railways with millions of pounds which then goes into the "shareholders" profit (sorry Mr Branston you may have to sell one of your islands).
If we want Warships let them be built by British shipbuilders with British Steel owned by British Companies
No more free handouts or medical care if your not a British Citizen..... Like a Australian Prime Minister once said...... If you don't like it then there are other Countries you can go to..... We will not stop you !!!!

Since Trump was declared President elect Wall street trading has shot up to its highest level ever.... and the Dollar is enjoying a rise in value....

Sorry All............. Roll on Summer
Going for a lie down now that is off my chest
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !
Old Git Ray

Re: Lily Livered politicians

Post by Old Git Ray »

Being lilly livered is part of the job description.
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

carnt agree more, we constantly talk ourselves down, prob my the wanting to stay voter. in my opp we voted out so that's it, lets big up our country, put the great back in as mentioned

steve
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

I'll add to your rant the BBC.

The BBC only ever criticises the government of the day, the police, industry, unions - in fact everything!

They should report news, not attempt to make it.

I'm sick of hearing " the BBC has learnt" when they are about to spout some unattributed rumour/ leak.

How can "people in power" focus on their jobs when they have to continually counter the incessant dripping of rumour and criticism.

I almost never take ANYTHING the BBC broadcasts at face value anymore, because it always has editorial spin.

(other media outlets are even worse!)
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Rhetoric about putting the Great back into Britain is all very well, but without out a plan it is meaningless. The OBR is just doing it's job and basing it's predictions on what the government are prepared to tell them. Most independent financial institutions seem to think that they are being optimistic. The incoming EU president is saying whatever other leader in the EU seems to be saying 'No freedom of movement, no free market'. In the same way that Trump has (thankfully)already backtracked on many of his promises and watered down others the reality is that unless British politicians are prepared to tell the Leave voters that 'Brexit is not Brexit' then they need to come up with an alternative plan very quickly or we face financial uncertainty for years to come.
Best get out on your bike as soon as you can.
Cheers Jak
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

project fear all over again, tell you how bad something is and when it turns out not to be so bad they say "what a great job we did".

It is also a way of being able to manipulate the people and ultimately the "Brexit" plan. of course being in Europe is such a wonderful thing

Debt % of GDP.....

GB forecast to go up to 90%

Greece 176%
Italy 135% which has elections very soon
France 97.5% which also has elections very soon and who also get most of it money back from the EU.
Portugal 129%
Germany 78.4%
Sweden 40.6%
Spain 93.9 %
Norway 29.5%
Poland 57% a country who is having anti immigrant demonstrations
Austria 74.5% elections soon
I could go on but as you can see being in the EU has really worked well for so many countries (thumbs)

If you want to get a better picture stop watching BBC and watch all the other news channels (thumbs)

and look at all out indicators since the vote to leave and make your own mind up

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I think the BBC definitely has a left-wing and, secondly, a remain bias. Some of their reporting is completely unbalanced.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Funny during the lead up to the referendum I felt that the BBC (well radio 4)seemed to be pro leave. I kept listening to the radio thinking why are they not telling people this or that, although this may have been the failure of the Remain campaign to point out the massive positives in being in the EU. The one exception to this was the programme 'More or Less' which looks at the numbers in the news. It did suggest that some of the 'project fear' data was unfounded and exaggerated but on balanced the figures suggested that leaving the EU was very bad for the UK financially.
Whether you think the news,from papers, radio, TV, the internet etc is biased one way or another will depend on your viewpoint. The majority of the newspapers in this country and the media, with the exception of the BBC, is generally right wing and was pro Brexit. A friend of mine years ago said that the financial times is one of the least bias newspapers because it's primary audience need facts to base their decisions on. Certainly their website makes interesting reading, although you can only access a limited amount without subscribing.
This was one headline on there today today:

'Business investment boosts GDP growth after Brexit vote
Expansion beats forecasts though most decisions taken before EU referendum'[/b][/i]

The one area that the BBC is almost certainly left wing is comedy, maybe more comics are left wing, or left wing comedy is funnier. I don't know why, maybe it is hard to make right wing politics funny.
Cheers Jak
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

The BBC is bonkers. Take a look at what they paid Jeremy Paxman in 2006...

Salary £1,040,000 (2006) per annum... (subsequent years until he left were £800,000 per year)...

Yes, you read it correctly...a salary of one million and forty thousand punds per year :ohmy: .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Scott_rider wrote:I think the BBC definitely has a left-wing and, secondly, a remain bias. Some of their reporting is completely unbalanced.
Yep, and most of us duffers actually pay a mandatory fee for us to be patronised and told what to do too. Now where have I heard that before :lol:

I hear the BBC are extending the World Service too to accommodate even more minority languages around the world. I sincerely hope my licence fee tax doesn't contribute to that :evil:

Return to “THE PUB”