Lily Livered politicians

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
rlkat

Re: Lily Livered politicians

Post by rlkat »

moto al wrote:
micksea wrote:he can be as cantankerous as you Al so he will stay away just to see a scotsman part with 50p....cue the spelling nazis :blink:
know I was only pointing out some folk have an opionion on everything .i only wish I was so smart. :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: . Sit safe ,and enjoy biking .Al.ps I'm planin my next 4 week trip life willing
Pllleeeaaaase stop. This groundhog day is killing me!!
I've no idea how to add a signature.
midlife

Post by midlife »

moto al wrote:Andy ,get oot more .He he .Al ps .thats 50p :unsure:
As you both joined the forum within a month or so of each other. The fact that you have posted around 2000 posts more than Andy, suggests that he does indeed "get oot more" than you!!! :whistle:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Why are you singling me out like this? It's not healthy and if you'd said that to my face yesterday I'd have punched you because I'd driven up to visit my mum on her 87th birthday. Why was that so important? Because my dad died in May this year and she'd spent every birthday since she was 21 with him so I didn't want her to be alone.

Now you weren't to know that but you stick your nasty little comments in with no good reason because you've got some kind of a mental issue that sends the wrong signals to your fingers when you're at a keyboard. If there was an ignore function on this site you'd be the only one I'd use it on because I really do think you've got problems and when you have a few drinks they overflow making you type deeply unpleasant things.

Apart from that I'm up early because I enjoy having a quick 10 mile blast along some bridleways on my mountain bike while it's cold and dark. It clears my mind and gets me in a good mood for the day. You should try something like that one day rather than complaining about being victimised (thumbs)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

midlife wrote:
As you both joined the forum within a month or so of each other. The fact that you have posted around 2000 posts more than Andy, suggests that he does indeed "get oot more" than you!!! :whistle:
He's got serious issues. I find it amusing most days but his comments touched a nerve yesterday though I left it until this morning before replying directly.

As for getting out more, I've had one of my best years ever for touring around because I wasn't working for 4 months so I took full advantage of being given a decent amount of money :)

Sweden. Went on my outfit.
Ardennes. Went on my KTM.
3 weeks in Eastern Europe. Went on my KTM.
Assen MotoGP. Went in the car taking mountain bikes, spent a few days in the Eiffel region.
Spa Bikers Classic. Part of the previous trip.
Austrian MotoGP. Went in my wife's sports car because we only had limited time and at least spent the travel days together by using the car.
Chimay classic racing. Went on my KTM.
Valencia MotoGP. Flew down because of limited time.

Add on a few race meetings where I helped a friend out who was racing UK circuits then knock off time spent at my parents while my dad was dying from cancer then 2 months recovering after cracking a couple of ribs crashing my mountain bike and it's been a good period for getting out. Anyway, I'm out on my bike for my morning whizz along the bridleways in about 5 minutes because I'm on a health kick :pinch:
XF650

Post by XF650 »

Thanks to Shidosan's original post.

I think you'll find your comments are a reflection of many peoples observations, ie politicians have their own hidden agendas and the media is controlled and doesn't tell the truth. That's why Brexit happened and why Trump is becoming the next president of the USA. People are fed up to the teeth now and realising that they can change the corrupt status quo. More shock waves will be coming in some of the European elections, no doubt.

A very recent quote from John Major regarding Brexit - “The tyranny of the majority has never applied in a democracy and it should not apply in this particular democracy.”. Funny how it's "tyranny" when you don't agree with the outcome. He certainly didn't complain when he was voted in by the majority!
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Robert Peston on ITV is clearly a lefty. He's banged on to everyone on his show this morning that there should be a second referendum :whistle:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

AndyB wrote:
Why are you singling me out like this? It's not healthy and if you'd said that to my face yesterday I'd have punched you because I'd driven up to visit my mum on her 87th birthday. Why was that so important? Because my dad died in May this year and she'd spent every birthday since she was 21 with him so I didn't want her to be alone.

Now you weren't to know that but you stick your nasty little comments in with no good reason because you've got some kind of a mental issue that sends the wrong signals to your fingers when you're at a keyboard. If there was an ignore function on this site you'd be the only one I'd use it on because I really do think you've got problems and when you have a few drinks they overflow making you type deeply unpleasant things.

Apart from that I'm up early because I enjoy having a quick 10 mile blast along some bridleways on my mountain bike while it's cold and dark. It clears my mind and gets me in a good mood for the day. You should try something like that one day rather than complaining about being victimised (thumbs)
at least your not getting abusive texts late at night about closing time or are you :whistle:

I would give up mate he just does not get it, I can't actually remember anyone other than Al on here saying that anyone should not have a view (including Al) unless you have the same views as he has your wrong or you get the mantra of "Right wing xenophobic" thrown at you which I believe probably started in an SNP meeting.

Then of course you get to a point of a debate like the fact he wants independence for "his" country to only give it away to an organisation that has a devolved intent on getting rid of "nationalism" and creating a United States of Europe" but of course his only recourse to that is answer "bullshit" and then come up with his usual "you need to get out on your bike more" whilst obviously sitting on his key board :whistle:

Andy B good luck with the family mate..

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Redmurty wrote: Andy B good luck with the family mate..

cheers Spud ;)
Cheers for that (thumbs)

Actually she probably had more members of the family visit yesterday than at any point since the funeral but nobody had spoken to each other so we all turned up on her birthday and within an hour of each other.

She'd been refusing to come to our place for Xmas until recently when decorations etc started to appear in shops and it hit home a bit so now she's coming for a few days. She also made the mistake of telling my daughter that she wasn't putting up decorations because there wasn't much point given that she'll be away for 4-5 days so now my daughter has taken it upon herself to go visiting two weeks before Xmas to put decorations up for her :pinch:

On the other matter he doesn't have a contact number for me so thankfully I don't have to put up with abuse over the phone.
gspod

Post by gspod »

boatman wrote:
gspod wrote:
boatman wrote:
gspod wrote:Just when the forum was looking more focused on bikes.

Just saying - I'll get my coat (or should I say bike jacket) :whistle: :laugh:
I have bought an S10
That's bike stuff (thumbs) AND the leaky one is gettin returned to me on Monday after its vacation down at Mikeboy,s workshop (thumbs)[/quote

:laugh:

Hey, saw your bike at Mikeys the other day. S10 - a great bike, are you selling the GS?

No I don't plan to sell it in the foreseeable , it's a brill machine, the S10 came up and it's specced nearly perfect ,I had been planning to buy another "big " bike anyway ,, mind you I still have the wee Tenere as well :whistle:
Say hello to the other half for me please, your a lucky man
All the best

See you soon I hope
SY
Shidosan

Post by Shidosan »

Well !!!! Sorry to all
What started as a little personal rant has led to Armageddon, WW3 and dissent within the brotherhood of adventure bikers ....... which shows that we are from all walks of life and political persuasion and yet share a common interest !!

My dad once told me that opinions are like arsholes.......... Everybody has one !

Oh and he also told me to vote Labour and live like a Tory !!!!!

Again sorry all.... I will try spend my down time more constructively in future

Cheers all and have a brilliant Xmas
It will be alright in the end.... if it's not alright.. it's not the end !

Return to “THE PUB”