Manchester info needed please

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Mike101

Re: Manchester info needed please

Post by Mike101 »

I'll be at the coop hq.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

Have a look on booking.com for hotels in Sale, which has good public transport links to the city centre. I've stayed at the Norman Hurst Hotel there which had a car park well out the sight.
steve the grease

Post by steve the grease »

I'm assuming you are heading south???
It seems to me that at the moment getting from manchester to the M6 is even more of a nightmare than usual. The link between the M56 and M6 is all dug with lights everywhere. certainly on a bike you should investigate some more diverse routes out Manchester. Quickest route out of Manchester?
You could try.... Upper Brook street/Anson Rd/Birchfields rd then a little dog leg and pick up Burnage lane, Parrswood lane, Manchester road for Cheadle. Wilmslow rd , Schools hill and pick up the A34 bypass. (By now a major rd should be tolerable as you are past most of the major pinch points alternatively Cheadle hulme/ Bramhall/ Woodford, but head for Wilmslow ) head for Wilmslow a538 and pick up Altrincham rd/ mobberley rd Morley green Knolls green Mobberley Knutsford and get on the M6 at Knutsford. After Wilmslow you are out in the countryside and it's quite pleasant, better than a tailback on the M56 anyway. Buy an A-Z and check it out, it's wierd there are arterial roads ( like Burnage lane) that have next to no lights on them and run parallel to busy jammed up routes and they have only relatively light traffic on them. If it doesn't work out then I'm sorry, I was only trying and it may possiblystart some discussion perhaps , but at least you will have had a free 'Oasis' and 'footballers houses' tour.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Mike if you are running north or south and need a break/brew/bed there's always one here mate

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “THE PUB”