Where,what we doing next year...biking thread lol..

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Enough of the useless reguritated crap posted on abr of rescent....headless chickens belong in the oven.

So biking thread who,s doing what going where with whom next year...winter...ehumm its still autumn ...is for planning and talking about next years adventure....

Not typing wastefull crap , that is prepropigated by the media....aka headless chickens.
Redmurty

Re: Where,what we doing next year...biking thread lol..

Post by Redmurty »

looking at the following options at the moment...

Iran

Norway and Sweden

Italy and Croatia or

Portugal off road

and really fancy Iceland again

and of course there's always the HISS (thumbs)

where you off to mate :woohoo:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Staycation - buying British and bike trips at home supporting the British Tourist industry

With the drop in the pound and the cost of a Euro trip going up by 10-20% post Brexit Vote I will be staying home next year

Never been to the Western Isles or Shetlands so may do that instead
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm starting the year off with the obligatory winter trip which is currently being discussed by the usual suspects so we can decide where to go. It's either going to be the Elefant, Augustusburg or a raid on Poland where we burn trees, cook meat and drink beer for a long weekend at a place to be decided when we arrive.

Off to France (can't remember where but it's near Caen) for the early May bank holiday.

Probably another trip to either the Balkans or Romania/Bulgaria in June.

Watching classic racing at Spa and Chimay in July.

At least one MotoGP round over the summer and probably more.

Nothing in the UK because there's nothing here that can't be improved on within a days ride of Calais or the Hook of Holland.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

johnnyboxer wrote:Staycation - buying British and bike trips at home supporting the British Tourist industry

With the drop in the pound and the cost of a Euro trip going up by 10-20% post Brexit Vote I will be staying home next year

Never been to the Western Isles or Shetlands so may do that instead
The British tourist industry is a rip off compared to anything similar in Europe. Hotels are more expensive, fuel is more expensive, dining out is more expensive, in fact everything is more expensive and it won't get cheaper just because we've voted to leave the EU.
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Another Euro trip, probably including the Nürburgring again then over to do the Transfăgărășan.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

I've just signed my renewed contract to be the Horizons Unlimited Event Partner for their HUMM event at the end of May - and that also means more surveying which will have to happen in March.

Then I have two HISS events, the v1 or 'original' in the Pyrenees and the 'Challenge' in the mountains of Teruel running back-to-back in June.

Then in September another modified HISS, called 'Big Tread', which is aimed specifically for boys with big toys, also in Teruel but covering a huge areas and includes fantastic road sections as well as selected, not-too-technical and especially long trails.

Somewhere amongst all that I'm revisiting a lot of trails in the Pyrenees and maybe writing these up in book format. And then another road trip around Spain, filling in the few corners of the country I haven't been to yet ...

@ Johnny Boxer - don't worry about the UK tourism industry, with the weak Pound you'll be lucky to find a place by the swimming pool (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Riding down, and back to Morocco on my own, first time in Africa, what could possibly go wrong :laugh:
jonesthesteam

Post by jonesthesteam »

Doing my first foreign bike trip, 3 x weeks in May, Roscoff and then bimbling down the Western coast of France exploring all the seaside villages, then across to see my oldest friend near Carcassone for a few days and then travelling back up through the middle of France via Millau etc.

Will be spending the Winter buying all sorts of useless tat, route planning and getting the Versys prepped, can't wait

Jonesy
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Good idea for a thread dude (thumbs)

I've got three ideas for next year of which I'll hopefully do two:

Fly hire to Athens and tour the ancient sites on a little 250.

Ride across the Pyrenees with some of the guys I met at HISS last year.

Hop across the channel and ride to the Black Forest, eat cake and ham and drink beer.

I did Scotland and Wales and Spain this year so I'm thinking some new places. Also I might treat myself to a big GS as I'm enjoying roads these days.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪

Return to “THE PUB”