Where,what we doing next year...biking thread lol..

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
sid.

Re: Where,what we doing next year...biking thread lol..

Post by sid. »

Keeping an eye on this looking for ideas, got 8/9days free anytime june-sept, thinking alps maybe austria / swltzerland.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

sohoeasy wrote:Good thread Russ. Hadn't given it much thought yet, but having had a forced time away from the bikes this year you got me cogitating now ! :)
Question : Do you remember the name of the place where I met you one time at that free overnight roadside stop, a little way north of Phil's in France ? That was a useful sleepover area running south. (thumbs)

MOULISMES on n147 20mins east of poitiers mate.....also very nice camo site at Confolens....that was a good hols mate....
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

small world we have camped up in the van in front of the maries here a couple of times waiting for the vets to open for ollies jab, nice area this

steve
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

S. America for 6 months as from October. Have yet to decide on whether it's separate bikes, 2-up or stick a Ural chair on the Africa Twin....
Kev63

Post by Kev63 »

Newcastle/Amsterdam ferry booked for last 2 weeks in June, making the most of 15% off and £60 deposit offer.

Not really sure where we are heading. Quite fancy Poland and Slovakia as not been there since 2007, plus its a bit cheaper than some of the popular countries. To be honest we have a few ideas but tend to wait until a day or so before and head for the best weather.( getting soft in old age )

As for the rest of the year hoping to get across to Lewis and Harris. Lived up here near Inverness for 26yrs and still never been.
Bionic Billy Nav

Post by Bionic Billy Nav »

AndyB wrote:I'm starting the year off with the obligatory winter trip which is currently being discussed by the usual suspects so we can decide where to go. It's either going to be the Elefant, Augustusburg or a raid on Poland where we burn trees, cook meat and drink beer for a long weekend at a place to be decided when we arrive.

Off to France (can't remember where but it's near Caen) for the early May bank holiday.

Probably another trip to either the Balkans or Romania/Bulgaria in June.

Watching classic racing at Spa and Chimay in July.

At least one MotoGP round over the summer and probably more.

Nothing in the UK because there's nothing here that can't be improved on within a days ride of Calais or the Hook of Holland.
Hi Andy, Augustusburg any good? I've done both Elephant Rallies, is it similar? Any advice on doing it please?
micksea

Post by micksea »

I'm saving up for a new bike then I'll be trundling round the two HISS events in June with the usual suspects.hopefully get to Wales for a couple of weekends off roading,beyond that,not much.
hornet

Post by hornet »

Good thread

And never a bad time o consider options

We had considered staying in the UK and may well have some long weekends however with missus hornet now a comfy and happy camper the cost is now more controllable so perhaps some time over the channel

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
sohoeasy

Post by sohoeasy »

Tramp wrote:
sohoeasy wrote:Good thread Russ. Hadn't given it much thought yet, but having had a forced time away from the bikes this year you got me cogitating now ! :)
Question : Do you remember the name of the place where I met you one time at that free overnight roadside stop, a little way north of Phil's in France ? That was a useful sleepover area running south. (thumbs)

MOULISMES on n147 20mins east of poitiers mate.....also very nice camo site at Confolens....that was a good hols mate....
Ta ! Found it on street view, just as I remember it (thumbs) (Not because it's free but because you can turn up late night and just bed down. Unlike most French campsites that want you booked in and in bed lights out by seven ! :laugh: :laugh: )

If anyone knows of other places like this (in any country) shout it out (thumbs) ,it's nice to keep riding into the evening sometimes. :)
peterpan241

Post by peterpan241 »

Quite fancy Norway, pretty much the same route as S Harper & father did earlier but maybe this will have to wait till 2018 and take 3weeks coming back on the East side of the Baltic Sea.

And also this http://www.adventurecountrytracks.com/p ... ugaltrack/

Would also like to do another HISS, September big bike.

And a few weekends, organised or adhoc

God willing
Adventure before Dementia

Return to “THE PUB”