Nicola Sturgeon latest wheeze.

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
misterlaffer

Re: Nicola Sturgeon latest wheeze.

Post by misterlaffer »

Surely there are other issues the SNP could campaign for a better Scotland than this old chestnut?

If I was a working man living in Scotland I would be seriously miffed with that party by now.

Listening to her on Radio 4 this morning her argument suggests because of the result on June 23rd, the 2014 Scottish Indie Referendum question needs to be asked again prior to us leaving the EU because the UK is no longer the same UK as it was back then. Apart from the Front benchers what has actually changed? Nothing yet.

My Dear loonie, until Article 50 is actually invoked, and we have actually left the EU and whatever trade deals we have or have not agreed shall be the ONLY time you will ever get the chance to start another independence referendum debate. In case it escaped your attention - Scotland is actually part of the UK and we are all in this together. Go back to your seat and leave Mrs May alone. You may think you have the right answers to your home work Nicola, but let's give others in the class a say this time eh?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Scott_rider wrote:I can't see it working if they go it alone...the sums don't add up.

"According to the latest official estimates from Government Expenditure and Revenue Scotland (Gers), the Holyrood government spent £14.9bn more than it took in tax revenues in the 2014/15 tax year. This equates to a budget deficit of 9.7 per cent, which is almost twice the 4.7 per cent for the UK as a whole for the same financial year."
"A mere trifle" said a politician today....
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

motorbike wrote:can anyone tell me how often i should change oil on a tenere660.....oops sorry didnt mean to put this onto the vicious vile corner thread
Why don't you ask your glorious leader. She thinks she has all the answers.
And yes, you did mean to post it here.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

misterlaffer wrote:Surely there are other issues the SNP could campaign for a better Scotland than this old chestnut?

If I was a working man living in Scotland I would be seriously miffed with that party by now.

Listening to her on Radio 4 this morning her argument suggests because of the result on June 23rd, the 2014 Scottish Indie Referendum question needs to be asked again prior to us leaving the EU because the UK is no longer the same UK as it was back then. Apart from the Front benchers what has actually changed? Nothing yet.

My Dear loonie, until Article 50 is actually invoked, and we have actually left the EU and whatever trade deals we have or have not agreed shall be the ONLY time you will ever get the chance to start another independence referendum debate. In case it escaped your attention - Scotland is actually part of the UK and we are all in this together. Go back to your seat and leave Mrs May alone. You may think you have the right answers to your home work Nicola, but let's give others in the class a say this time eh?
She keeps stating that the majority of Scottish people voted to stay in the EU. No they didn't. The majority of people WHO VOTED, voted to stay. The 'majority' was actually much less than 50% of people who were eligible to vote.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

motorbike wrote:
rlkat wrote:The poison dwarf is on every bloody channel this morning. My remote control has never been so busy as I rush to change the channel.
she is of a much higher quality compared to to self seeking arse licking thick fools of the tory party at present....
Agreed. On the 'political turd' scale, she ranks much higher. (thumbs)
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

rlkat wrote:
motorbike wrote:
rlkat wrote:The poison dwarf is on every bloody channel this morning. My remote control has never been so busy as I rush to change the channel.
she is of a much higher quality compared to to self seeking arse licking thick fools of the tory party at present....
Agreed. On the 'political turd' scale, she ranks much higher. (thumbs)
However, a turd is still a turd.......

Why are we ALL so badly served by our politicians? :(
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Understandable error :whistle:

I hope the Gorilla sues for damages!
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Well at least it was only out in the wild for three hours unlike a certain Scottish MP :laugh: :evil:
Brads

Post by Brads »

I`ll tell you what,

I have always been pro UK and can`t stand the SNP because I view them as xenophobes but after hearing what the English have to say about me, it`ll make me think twice next time.

So proper dickheeds commenting on this subject.
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !

Return to “THE PUB”