Buying new car...

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
catcitrus

Re: Buying new car...

Post by catcitrus »

Richard Simpson wrote:You'll find that the next gen of petrol engines will employ hybrid drive to give diesel-style torque.

Last year I found myself at the wheel of a BMW i8.

It's got a 3-pot 1.5 litre lawnmower engine...but you'd never guess from driving it.

It's also got a massive electric motor which gives impressive acceleration for a car, and (I'm not making this up) a loudspeaker that makes V8 noises in the boot.

I'm not sure whether that last bit is tragic, or just a bit sad.
And there goes another mountain and village in Africa bought by the Chinese, and another tonne of CO2 in making the bloody thing!
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

Well, I do appreciate your discussion here, but it's a bit off topic isn't it?

C.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

SteveW wrote:Cars don't interest me. However I'm sat here in Eastern Bulgaria having driven from the North West England in a car, I did the trip with two overnight stops.
The car in question is a Mercedes C300 Estate Hybrid Sport.
Big deal. But for a car it's quite incredible.
Very close to an average of 60 mpg and the bloody thing goes like ripped-shit up to 120mph and tops out at around 150 mph.
I noticed its got a blue filler cap for that Ad-Blue stuff. I don't know what kind of witchcraft goes on under the bonnet of these modern cars, but the end result is remarkable.
I'd sooner have my Transit Van though.
Car-thingy....I don't know how it works and I don't want to know, but they've come on a bit since the Ford Cortina.
I dofeel like a twat driving it though.
image_2016-10-08.jpeg
Mercedes are light years ahead at the moment.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Kinioo wrote:Well, I do appreciate your discussion here, but it's a bit off topic isn't it?

C.
Yes, but the OP's question has been well and truly answered, so does it matter?
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Kinioo

Post by Kinioo »

-Ralph- wrote:
Kinioo wrote:Well, I do appreciate your discussion here, but it's a bit off topic isn't it?

C.
Yes, but the OP's question has been well and truly answered, so does it matter?
I think it does.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Kinioo wrote:Cheers guys.

Yes, I know what I am after:

a) Citroen berlingo multispace XTR, or
b) Peugeot Partner Tepee

Literally same car but different makes...and for some reason Peugeot is cheaper.

Well, so it looks like I may wait till next year...however will keep my eyes open.

Thanks All,

Chris
It sounds like you had got the info you required and made your decision so the discussion moved on. What's wrong with that?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Some forums have an off topic chat thread. It's in the pub. Some would argue it's entirely off topic anyway as its nothing to do with adventure biking.
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

Years back we had a savage devaluation of our currency here.

Next day a client went out and replaced all his company vehicles, the entire fleet. Day after that dealers hiked all the prices well over 10% to cover the devaluation. Never met a happier guy, managed to beat the increase. All our cars are imported. Short terms delays may happen in UK but huge pressure is on foreign manufacturers selling from Euro zone to up their prices to cover the currency drop.

May be worth your while making move earlier.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles

Return to “THE PUB”