sheep

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

sheep

Post by garyboy »

being a true Welshman .. a subject close to me heart :laugh:
I usually travel north for a day's bike ride and mostly pass through DSM.
this is `Dead Sheep Mountain` in Brecon beacons area.
it often struck me (or at least a close miss :laugh: ) how really really stoopit the sheep there are. kamakazee to say the least .. they actually see you coming and walk into your front wheel. it is realy dangerous with numerous accidents and yes, dead sheep every where. there was even a dead horse on the side the other day.

now I remember that the sheep in other areas are well behaved.
the forest of dean sheep just chew the cud on the tarmac and completely ignore you as you pass, which is good as they are predictable!

any comments ? (that don't involve wellies :P )
Andi_Archer

Re: sheep

Post by Andi_Archer »

Some Sheep are more familiar with traffic so are less frightened that said maybe its just you and they can sense your a Welshman :laugh:
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Its the multi coloured braces :woohoo: and the mist or the lustfull thooughts your having....

Isnt a durex made from a sheeps stomach?

Or jt could be pure and simple the sheel skin on your seat calling to tbe brothers
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

you really are a horrible lot on here :kiss: :lol:
Cone

Post by Cone »

Sheep are nothing until you've had a near miss with a pack of wild boar in the forest of dean..

:blink:
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

When l was into car rallying in the 80s l was amazed how many sheep would just sit at the side of the road as 90 noisy rally cars went flying past BUT when a car hit one it was usually end of story & they had to go round next day & pay the farmer the going rate!!!
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

what gets me is that you never see a farmer on DSM (dead sheep mountain). he just leaves his sheep there to suffer and die, and cause a nuisance.

I passed a sheep lying down on the side, one day .. it was white in the face (really) and I could not tell if it had been hit, as they are usually upside down and spattered with red. Anyway, I passed two days later and the sheep looked like a statue,.. had not moved an inch and in the same pose of pain. the next day I passed again and this time the sheep was still in exactly the same position, but with its head missing and a gory red bloody mess where the neck was.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

I passed a sheep lying down on the side, one day ..
RIIIIGHT........!
dodursley

Post by dodursley »

Birds are as bad.
Last summer a group of us on a classic run traveled along a lane crossing a field of cut corn. Loads of pheasants feeding on the grain until we crossed the field. They then ran down to the lane to get run over!
Bird Brain at its finest!
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

what is so stupid with sheep is, as you try to pass them safely, they panic and take to the road in front of you, sometimes running wildly for 100s of yards in front.

yes, pheasants .. even pheasants do this .. and they got all the sky to flee.

I have noticed on some trails that small birds will often fly in front for a while .. but it may be to lure away from their nest? feels like dolphins on your bow wave.

Return to “THE PUB”