Sport & politics .

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
ollydog

Re: Sport & politics .

Post by ollydog »

Mac 60 wrote:Bullshit, pure sectarian bullshit. Most celtic supporters wouldent be able to tell you the first thing about Palastine or its history let alone find it on a map. Likewise would the Rangers supporters on Israel. Any that do are mostly a silent minority who know better than to say anything. My reasoning drawing this conclusion is coming from Northern Ireland where both teams are followed with an almost/actual religious zeal. Go into any repulican area over here and you will see Palastinian flags flying from lamposts along with Irish Tri colours and other republician flags, likewise in Loyalists areas where you will see the Israel flag on display. I work along side young men from both communitys and often amuse myself asking them the meaning of these flags presence and their ignorance is beyond belief not only about the middle east but on their own country. To coin a phrase ive heard used here " Pub historians". Most have never read anything more indepth than the Sun newpaper since leaveing school. In conclusion no sport shouldent be used this way.... Sry for the rant but it boils my shit !
hi mac how are you keeping, its just the same on merseyside with liverpool and everton, prods and catholics, rangers and celtic all in that order but at least it is on the wane and has been for a number of years.
when i was a kid i would get battered of me old man if i was caught playing with catholic kids.

politics abs so use in sport, sport is where all nations religions beliefs can get together and the best man/woman wins end of (olympic code) and it should not be a cash cow.

steve
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

hansblix wrote:Well done shame them.
Israel has got no right to exist. jewish rabbis would agree that jews dont have the right to set up any jewish homeland they are ordered to live within other nations.
While we are having this discussion.
BOYCOTT GOODS FROM ISRAEL
CHECK WHERE THE FRUIT GOODS U BUY COMES FROM.
You really are a nasty, trolling c**t.
midlife

Post by midlife »

AndyB wrote:
Israel has got no right to exist. jewish rabbis would agree that jews dont have the right to set up any jewish homeland they are ordered to live within other nations.
A big plus 1 Andy, he is a poisonous c..t
moto al

Post by moto al »

Hi, MAC 60, that's a bit unfair , my son Callum 18 next month a session ticket holder at Celtic park , he starts studying in September ,to become a CA. He's has no affiliation to any religion , or bigotry . That was the way I brought him up,. Ps I'd rather watch paint dry than watch football , so I can't be blamed for the team he supports, I suspect the main reason he chose Celtic , Jan venigour of hesalink who played for Celtic and Holland ,lived across the road from me and Callum used to play with his son Marcus .Al
moto al
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

hi al, carnt comment on your end of the country but is was dreadful in liverpool, but things have moved on a lot since.

ps
but i would do the painting and then watch it dry lol

steve
threepot

Post by threepot »

And didn't the wonderful Tony Blair do a great job as middle east envoy!
But we are shielded from what's happening to the Palestinians by the media,which is mostly run by the.......
hansblix

Post by hansblix »

AndyB wrote:
U must hold dual nationality here and israel go there regular to terrorise the palastinians kids, big fat c##t.
hansblix

Post by hansblix »

midlife wrote:
AndyB wrote:
A big plus 1 Andy, he is a poisonous c..t

Do u do national service in the land of palastine?
hansblix

Post by hansblix »

threepot wrote:And didn't the wonderful Tony Blair do a great job as middle east envoy!
But we are shielded from what's happening to the Palestinians by the media,which is mostly run by the.......
Am glad there are like minded people about, 100% biased media. Will lie for capitalism to prosper.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

hansblix wrote:
AndyB wrote:
U must hold dual nationality here and israel go there regular to terrorise the palastinians kids, big fat c##t.
Better than that, I worked on some of their more advanced missile systems and drones quite a few years ago (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”