Attack in France , Nice

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Redmurty

Re: Attack in France , Nice

Post by Redmurty »

unfortunately this shite isn't over as ISIS gets squeezed by the Kurds who seem to be the only people who are fighting them effectively (if you discount the Iranians) the same Kurds that the Turkish are attacking, the same Kurds who we are not supporting in any great effort or effect.
As it get worse for Isis they will attack in Europe even more, with merkels madness of waving people in through the borders who knows how many trained fighters are in sleeper cells as we speak.
Libya is a power keg at the moment (I know people who work there) and that could spread even further as nothing is being sorted there either.

The western world needs a big attitude change in many ways,

Sad day for humanity in oh so many ways

cheers Spud :(
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

This is awful, could happen anywhere and to anyone. The world is in a terrible state.
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Alan29 wrote:On a positive note, Rihanna has cancelled her upcoming gig in Nice.

Come on Moderator Take this post Off , it's not banter it's just very bad taste and not what this forum is about !!!!!
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Here here,I'll second that proposal diggerman
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

They have just stated that France was the largest European recruiting ground for Isis, serious times ahead :(

frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I think everyone is appalled and saddened by this latest act of terror. I don,t think we should get on our high horses about the comment about Rihannas gig though it is the British way of dealing with tragedy to use humour. The amount of funny comments people made at my mothers funeral recently didn,t offend me and lightened the sombre mood significantly. I think although we are now a small world and should all be helping each other in the name of peace we really need to be mindful of the wests idea of foreign policy and it may be time to keep our noses out of the likes of Iraq,Syria,Afghanistan etc. I am ex military and was proud to serve my country but i can,t see an end to all this terrorism until we let them get on with destroying there own countries without our intervention.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

frenchy3 wrote:I think everyone is appalled and saddened by this latest act of terror. I don,t think we should get on our high horses about the comment about Rihannas gig though it is the British way of dealing with tragedy to use humour. The amount of funny comments people made at my mothers funeral recently didn,t offend me and lightened the sombre mood significantly. I think although we are now a small world and should all be helping each other in the name of peace we really need to be mindful of the wests idea of foreign policy and it may be time to keep our noses out of the likes of Iraq,Syria,Afghanistan etc. I am ex military and was proud to serve my country but i can,t see an end to all this terrorism until we let them get on with destroying there own countries without our intervention.
All this is true and censoring black humour is one short step from removing the freedom of speech we should value very highly.

Has there been any proof yet that this atrocity is linked to Islamic State or any other fundamentalist terror organisation or was it just another disenchanted head case that went on a killing spree?
diggermanbob

Post by diggermanbob »

Don't agree with you Frenchy3 , yes a have been to few funerals at 64 a few of my mates and we have had a joke or two , but not when 84 innocent people including children have been killed by some extremist , so I will stand by my post and stay on my high horse :(
SPEN

Post by SPEN »

I don't want to start the EU out debate again but surely now we must have some sort of restriction on free movement !!I would happily que a bit longer at security to stop these people spreading further into the UK.My heart goes out to the people killed , religion has alot to answer for !
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Germany and France are talking about border security at the moment, Hungary has stepped theirs up as well

2 of the top players in ISIS are French and not even Ba'ath party members

Return to β€œTHE PUB”