The Motorbike Show green laning 9pm Itv4

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
dazcapri

The Motorbike Show green laning 9pm Itv4

Post by dazcapri »

I know Henry Cole is a bit marmite but some off you will like this. It's back on Thursday Henry travels to the Isle of Man to interview enduro legend David Knight
dazcapri

Re: The Motorbike Show 13/7 8pm Itv4

Post by dazcapri »

It's on tonight at 9pm tomorrows show is a repeat sorry for the confusion by putting the wrong date/time in my original post
Earwig

Re: The Motorbike Show 13/7 8pm Itv4

Post by Earwig »

7pm .... tour de france
8pm ....superbike champs
9pm ... ,motorbike show

all without changing channel (thumbs)

tonight sorted :evil: (thumbs)
Peirre

Re: The Motorbike Show 13/7 9pm Itv4

Post by Peirre »

I accidentally stumbled across it, but as soon as I saw Henry Cole I turned over
Flightrisk

Post by Flightrisk »

Peirre wrote:I accidentally stumbled across it, but as soon as I saw Henry Cole I turned over
:laugh: I like the subject matter of his programs, and being a cameraman in the Bosnian civil war took guts, but must admit his on-screen persona can really make you cringe sometimes... "like his first girlfriend said ..." :unsure:
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

I really like his shows... Obviously for the motorcycle content, but i also find him very entertaining in a 'laughing at him rather than with him' sorta way.
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I watched it (thumbs) . Worth it just for the 2 minute clip of David Knight riding his CR450X at full pelt along a fireroad (thumbs) .

Also interesting to hear him say that these days most enduro bikes are so good straight from the crate that all you have to do is fettle the suspensin to suit you (whereas in the past you had to virtually rebuild them for serious competion at his level, I presume).
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

I'm a fan of the man, but who in their right mind leaves a Phil Read replica in the garden for 26 years waiting for Henry to turn up and offer him the asking price ? :laugh:
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

misterlaffer wrote:I'm a fan of the man, but who in their right mind leaves a Phil Read replica in the garden for 26 years waiting for Henry to turn up and offer him the asking price ? :laugh:
Nearly in tears when I saw that bike sitting there :ohmy: FFS at least put it under a tarp!
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

I was never a great fan of Henry Cole but i have to admit that he does own several bikes and is very passionate about motorcycling. He surrounds himself with enthusiasts and knowledgeable bikers and has some great down to earth articles about real biking which isnt beyond us and our budgets. I am sick to death of these slick personality based motoring shows where it is all about style and the most expensive cars being virtually destroyed in meaningless tests and stunts. Henry is the first person to take the mickey out of himself and admits he is no riding god or mechanical genius. As far as motorcycling on TV goes he is the best we have and long may it continue. (thumbs)

Return to “THE PUB”