Political Party Membership

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Peirre

Re: Political Party Membership

Post by Peirre »

I'm in the: Beer drinking, motorcycle riding & wimmin shagging parties. After spending my cash on those I don't have time or money left for anything else :unsure:
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Ralph, 3 months is nothing, it's going to take longer than that to sort this out, pay the money and vote for Theresa !!!
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

My votes on Theresa the stripper ............

Oops that may be another party :blush:
-Ralph-

Political Party Membership

Post by -Ralph- »

Anyone here a member of a political party? Why do you do it? What are the benefits?

Just been to their website to see if I can join the Conservative party, for no other reason than to get a vote in the leadership election.

As it turns out you need to have been a member for 3 months to get a vote, so that's a non starter.

So, other than that, should I shell out the 25 quid and join?

Thing is I'm not a dyed in the wool tory, and not one of those people who vote the same way every time regardless. I vote for who has the leader I trust and the policies I agree with. In the past I have voted both New Labour and SNP for those same reasons.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Peirre wrote:My votes on Theresa the stripper ............

Thank God!!!!! :unsure:
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

SteveR wrote:
Peirre wrote:My votes on Theresa the stripper ............

Thank God!!!!! :unsure:
many a good tune played on an old fiddle Steve (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

The Sarge wrote:Ralph, 3 months is nothing, it's going to take longer than that to sort this out, pay the money and vote for Theresa !!!
They are saying now decision by 2nd Sept, polls close 1st September

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'm a long time Union member and member of the Labour Party and it gives me the opportunity to attend conferences and vote in the way the party moves. I wouldn't dream of joining a party to try to get a vote and influence their leadership unless I was going to vote for that party.

Edit: I should add that I've not been to a conference for a couple of decades and have no wish to do so but I use my vote in leadership elections.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

The Sarge wrote:Ralph, 3 months is nothing, it's going to take longer than that to sort this out, pay the money and vote for Theresa !!!
Anna Soubry should stand.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I have voted for different parties over the years but never joined one until Corbyn came on the scene. I was able to join for £1 and will remain a member so long as he is the leader and will pay the full cost to do so. What he offers is a change from the ridiculous sound bit politics that we have had in recent years and a viable alternative to the rich get richer policies of the Tories and New Labour. Whilst he has many faults he is offering an alternative, the unfortunate thing is that many established 'New' labour MPs are frightened of his success and are trying to oust him. If Labour turns back into New Labour, I and many other Labour voters will leave.
I have also been a MAG member for over 30 years because I love motorcycling and believe that they have done more to protect it than any other organisation. I have been a Greenpeace member for nearly as long because I quite like this planet we are living on.
Cheers Jak

Return to “THE PUB”