Manchester to Dover

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Milo Tighfield

Manchester to Dover

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Just after your thoughts on getting to Dover from the Northwest. I Will be heading to France in the Van in a couple of weeks, I've always gone M6-M1-M25-M2-A2 this route includes the Dartford crossing. I have Just typed my plan into google maps and it is saying M6-M40-M25-M20-A20. I have Never been this way before, anyone think it is better or quicker, it is saying its longer but quicker, although I think there is probably no quicker way, do you think one way is more prone to heavier traffic than the other. :) thanks
Tourider

Re: Manchester to Dover

Post by Tourider »

I used to commute on a weekly basis from the Midlands to Kent, overall the M6, M1, M25 proved quicker but it really depends on the time of day and traffic load.
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I use the same route that Google Maps suggest.
You'll hit traffic both ways.....how much depends on what time of day you're going to travel.
Jeves

Post by Jeves »

Don't forget to pay for the Dartford crossing on line before you go, otherwise your fined with no excuses .
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I've driven to Dover many times over the years & usually go from East Lancs to Bradford-M606-M62-M1-A57-A1-A14-M11-M25-M20 l find it breaks up the monotony of the motorways & doesn't involve the M6 to be honest it takes the same time whichever way you go!!!
I opened an account online with Dartford Crossing paid in £20 so that l can just drive through & top it up now & then so no need to pay online :)
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***
phillh

Post by phillh »

Bikes are free.
johnnyboxer

Manchester to Dover

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jeves wrote:Don't forget to pay for the Dartford crossing on line before you go, otherwise your fined with no excuses .
Are bikes free or not?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

hi i do the same route from cheadle manchester a bout 5 times a year, m40 everytime, i hate but its the best.

did the tunnel under the thames last and the bridge and hated that more, seemed to take ages

steve

Return to “THE PUB”