Top Gear tonight

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DaveCon

Re: Top Gear tonight

Post by DaveCon »

Chris Evens seems to confuse exciting, interesting, and entertaining with SHOUTING. It may be appropriate in a warehouse or nightclub but in my living room SHOUTING is very wearing after 30 seconds.

On the trailers he referred to LeBlanc as "my brother" to which I thought; oh dear they're going to force the kind of relationship that took Clarkeson et al a couple of years to develop :sick:

Skipped through the first episode, got the general idea, not been back.
Zookman

Post by Zookman »

ollydog wrote:
Zookman wrote:I've watched all 4 episodes so far..... and i think its shyte, a desperately poor imitation of what it was.
There is no chemistry between the presenters like Clarkson, Hammond & May had. They were what made Top Gear.
The ratings since ep 1 have been dropping through the floor.... i cant see it lasting long. At least not with Evans fronting it anyway.
zookman, my sentiments completely, just because ginger nut has the money to buy expensive cars what does he know about them, not to long ago he did not even know what an allen key was.

i also hate commentator's who know nothing about the sport commentating, "the car was doing 319 kph in turn what ever and that's well over 200 mph" lemans 24 at the weekend.
steve
Indeed..... Evans is just a shouty bloke without even a fraction of the knowledge that Clarkson had about cars. May & Hammond also knew their stuff and there was a chemistry between the 3 that Evans and LeBlanc couldn't ever hope to achieve.
As for Sabine Schmitz, i really liked her in the old TG, but having her as a presenter was woeful last night, she came across as an embarrassing auntie trying to be cool.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

Zookman wrote:
ollydog wrote:
Zookman wrote:I've watched all 4 episodes so far..... and i think its shyte, a desperately poor imitation of what it was.
There is no chemistry between the presenters like Clarkson, Hammond & May had. They were what made Top Gear.
The ratings since ep 1 have been dropping through the floor.... i cant see it lasting long. At least not with Evans fronting it anyway.
zookman, my sentiments completely, just because ginger nut has the money to buy expensive cars what does he know about them, not to long ago he did not even know what an allen key was.

i also hate commentator's who know nothing about the sport commentating, "the car was doing 319 kph in turn what ever and that's well over 200 mph" lemans 24 at the weekend.
steve
Indeed..... Evans is just a shouty bloke without even a fraction of the knowledge that Clarkson had about cars. May & Hammond also knew their stuff and there was a chemistry between the 3 that Evans and LeBlanc couldn't ever hope to achieve.
As for Sabine Schmitz, i really liked her in the old TG, but having her as a presenter was woeful last night, she came across as an embarrassing auntie trying to be cool.
Yes like Sabine but she should stick to driving :huh: It`s all a little forced but at least there is more on cars and less twatting about which was getting wearing :side:
JonnyBravo

Post by JonnyBravo »

I saw the last 20 mins last night after flicking about the channels -

I actually found the feature on the leccy Tesla car interesting.
90K = seems like a bargain
When nothing is going right - go left
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

what a piss poor show it was going down hill before, as for evans is he the love child of trump same ego same shit hair. just put it down and call it a day. stop spending our money on utter crap. there must be better poeple out there to do a motor show.
Boggs

Post by Boggs »

He's one of them blokes who just seems to land all the top jobs,esp at the BBC,i can't for the life of me see what management see in him,ive tried my best to like him over the years but he's just too irritating,i bet he can't believe how far he's got up the ladder over the years.
Arthur Pint Motor

Post by Arthur Pint Motor »

You do have to wonder who thought a German, an American and Evans would be able to do British humour!
That said, Leblanc is actually OK. Evans is not!

On a more serious note, can a Gold Wing actually be classed as a motorcycle?
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Boggs wrote:He's one of them blokes who just seems to land all the top jobs,esp at the BBC,i can't for the life of me see what management see in him,ive tried my best to like him over the years but he's just too irritating,i bet he can't believe how far he's got up the ladder over the years.
He's been up it and down it, whatever it is the BBC think the sun shines out of his arse right now. I agree with previous posts, having loads of money to own expensive cars doesn't make you an expert. As for Sabine, great driver but being German she has that weird sense of humour, and I bet she's got a monkey under her arm pit :pinch: !
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

so thats it then, we all think ginger nut is a knob, i can remember doing kissagrammes in leopard skin trunks around warrington

steve
Tink

Post by Tink »

Boggs wrote:He's one of them blokes who just seems to land all the top jobs,esp at the BBC,i can't for the life of me see what management see in him,ive tried my best to like him over the years but he's just too irritating,i bet he can't believe how far he's got up the ladder over the years.
Totally agree with you Boggs, i have tried my best to give Chris Evans a chance but he just an irritating areshole :laugh:

Return to “THE PUB”