Use your friggin' indicators!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
SteveW

Use your friggin' indicators!

Post by SteveW »

Why have car drivers stopped using their indicators?
It's probably just me, but increasingly I am seeing cars making turns and swapping lanes without using their indicators.
It's probably because there is less of a police presence on our roads these days and this type of sloppy driving, that in the past may have earned you a ticking off, just goes unnoticed.
I am hard-wired to indicate even if I know no one's around.
Earwig

Re: Use your friggin' indicators!

Post by Earwig »

They do use them :evil: Indicate right when leaving a round about :pinch:

Any way .... proves the bulb works B)
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

SteveW wrote: I am hard-wired to indicate even if I know no one's around.
I'm sure the indicators are very happy with you for that :laugh:

Not many seem to know how to use indicators when approaching / on a roundabout :(
klr.it

Post by klr.it »

Its my number one pet hate, i'am a lorry driver. I don't think they must teach it anymore when learning to drive. Every bloody roundabout you approach its like a bloody guessing game as to where they are going. I think we should start a campaign "if you don't use them, you lose them". Then go around all four corners of said vehicle with a ball pein hammer and smash them. Their I've got that off my chest. (thumbs)
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Oop North John wrote:

Not many seem to know how to use indicators when approaching / on a roundabout :(
I find it's when they leave a roundabout I have most problems. Sat waiting for a car to pass me as I enter a roundabout only to see it exit the roundabout just before it gets to me.
If I'm on my bike or mountain bike I usually gesture to them, most don't even know you are ther.
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
mjojom

Post by mjojom »

SteveW wrote: It's probably because there is less of a police presence on our roads
yeah.., they lead by example, thats why nobody uses them as i hardly seen police car in london using them. ..
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

ignore the indicators and look at the driver and the wheels (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

SteveW wrote:Why have car drivers stopped using their indicators?
It's probably just me, but increasingly I am seeing cars making turns and swapping lanes without using their indicators.
It's probably because there is less of a police presence on our roads these days and this type of sloppy driving, that in the past may have earned you a ticking off, just goes unnoticed.
come on steve you know how difficult it is for them to use their indicators and txt at the same time, give them a break

or just kick em off with yer boot cause they obviously dont need em
lmg

Post by lmg »

SteveW wrote:Why have car drivers stopped using their indicators?
I agree with your observations - I have travelled a few thousand miles over the past several weeks and it appear that the majority of the time the drivers just dont indicate when changing lanes, and I agree I think its a lack of Police presence and the lack of any real punishment for what they do. Another major bugbear of mine is driving in the wrong lanes of motorways.
Cheers,

Leigh (LMG)

Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

Had the same issues yesterday when out on the bike,drivers just swapping lanes in front of me or entering and leaving roundabouts with a "guess where Im going" attitude.

Theres a very acute give way junction up near me onto the main and very busy road,you really have to crane the neck round to see if traffic is coming.As I approached it last week the car driver in front was indicating right but ended up turning left...go figure???

Return to “THE PUB”