Dumping in the countryside

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Sleepy

Re: Dumping in the countryside

Post by Sleepy »

WTF are you talking about??

'Vanity Project'? it was an elderly man taking three 18" pavers that were broken to his local tip..

We're talking about useless councils doing very little to alleviate the problem of fly-tipping..
Flintlock

Post by Flintlock »

Don't get me started on this. Nothing more annoying than turning up at a nice location only to be met by the litter/dumping of some ill bred, lazy b@stard.

Fecking blood pressure going up now :angry:
motorbike

Post by motorbike »

i hate this more than any other thing i can think off....cant help it i fear what i would do if i saw someone fly tipping.......however i think that even if no charge was made for dumping i doubt some of these scum would bother driving to the tip
Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog »

I live in the country and see fly tipping all the time.
But I also blame the council to a certain extent.

I only have a van, along with my bikes.
But not allowed in the tip with it.
So nowhere to tip my large rubbish.. :angry:

I also have a place in France.
Over here there are places called "Déchèterie"
They are public rubbish tips and most towns or large villages have them.
They are totally free, take any type of rubbish.
And any type of vehicle. including tractors with trailers
I don't think I've ever seen fly tipping over here.
(certainly not around me)
Lesson to be learned??????????????

Dog
bowber

Post by bowber »

You can use your van but you have to apply for a free permit and list the stuff you're taking and it's got to be domestic waste.

Steve
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

Clearing out my mothers house after she passed away, we used an LDV minibus from my sons work. It had all the seats taken out so bags of room. At the tip they were turning us away - no vans - when one of the guys said "hang on, it's got windows, you're ok".

Rules eh :S
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Hang on .. I thought the Fucking EU have given us a better environment, cleaner beaches and all of that shit - that's what I heard on the radio yesterday. However, due to local council policy we see crap by the side of the road and some people see the justice in that. Hmm :whistle:
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

Its the folks that dump the crap to blame, cant understand all this anti council stuff, its not the council that dump it.
I know lets blame them for:
Not cleaning graffiti off walls
For not picking litter up
Not clearing up dog crap in parks
Not fixing vandalism
etc etc
Just because people pay taxes it does not give them a right to make the country a shit hole and expect someone else to clear it up! If something is difficult to dispose of then yes there should be a surcharge on top of regular tax.

Oh no the council wont accept tires at the tip, such an inconvenience now that I have to take them to a dedicated recycling depot rather than leaving them in land fill..
I feel beneath the white there is a red skin suffering from centuries of taming.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

Totally agree, silly restrictions and charges at council refuse sites are to blame. Most tradesmen have thier ways and means of disposing of waste which they pay for and pass the charge onto the customer. Most fly tipping is normal people who needed to get rid of stuff, and had nowhere else to take it.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Zappa

Post by Zappa »

-Ralph- wrote:Totally agree, silly restrictions and charges at council refuse sites are to blame. Most tradesmen have thier ways and means of disposing of waste which they pay for and pass the charge onto the customer. Most fly tipping is normal people who needed to get rid of stuff, and had nowhere else to take it.
Sorry but you are dead wrong! 99% of stuff I see fly tipped can be got rid of at the tip or other recycling center.
I feel beneath the white there is a red skin suffering from centuries of taming.

Return to “THE PUB”