Brexit

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
scutty

Re: Brexit

Post by scutty »

wait for me wrote:
Within that article there is a very interesting table showing the percentage of people within other euro countries who wish us to actually stay in the EU, not bothered either way or want us to leave.
the lowest numbers who want us to leave are -

Romania 4%
Lithuania 6%
Malta 6%
Poland 6%
Spain 6%
Bulgaria 7%
Hungary 7%
Portugal 7%
Slovakia 7%

I wonder why ???
:whistle:

At the other end of the scale - Luxembourg cant wait to see the back of us at 24%
That wasn't the question at all = what they asked was 'does it matter to you'. That's a totally different question to 'do you want the UK to leave the EU'. Surveys like that are ALL about the question, generally based around what answer the person paying for the survey wants to hear.
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

nethen1 wrote:Interesting article

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02 ... 65670.html

If i speak to who wants to leave.... the majority of these people i'm generally not keen on the rest of their political views....
For me this is the key point.

Look at those in favour of leaving:
- Redwood
- Gove
- Boris
- Farage

and the list goes on; it's the right wing of the Tory Party and their TeaParty style associates that are mostly pushing for it and the 'wet wing' that's pushing to remain.

I've never been a fan of right-wing-Tory policies. If they think something is 'right' it's probably not something I want.

And just for clarity... I freely admit to voting Tory on many occasions(including the last election), but I'm no supporter of the right wing of the party.
Alan29

Post by Alan29 »

That list of names makes me shudder.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I can't take Boris seriously on this subject because I firmly believe that he's more interested in leading the Conservative party than leading us out of the EU and he's banking on getting the opportunity to take that role if we vote out.

Let's not forget that this man is so career orientated that he previously wanted to stand as an MEP but now he wants to deny anyone else in this country that opportunity :dry:
xtzrick

Post by xtzrick »

AndyB wrote:Let's not forget that this man is so career orientated that he previously wanted to stand as an MEP but now he wants to deny anyone else in this country that opportunity :dry:
Just like Nigel Farages' "Vote me out of a job" campaign :dry:

I understand the "It's better to change the EU from the inside" argument, but lets face it, that is not going to happen, just look at Camerons' failed re-negotiation attempt and how the other leaders reacted, social pleasantries "We'll listen" then "No"

I don't understand the "I don't trust politicians" argument for staying in.
You're saying it's better to have more of what you don't trust :silly:

Rick
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

I don't give a toss about the politics but I can tell you guys with authority that if the vote is no, your bike parts are going to go through the roof price wise. Simple as that and if you doubt that for a moment, Since December the Pound has fallen against the Euro by around 10%, which means euro parts are already 10% more expensive - that's in just over 3 months. If the vote is leave, there WILL be a short/medium term collapse in the pound and everything we buy day to day will go up, not just bike parts.

do not be swayed by all the bollocks about immigration this and immigration that. If we leave the EU it will not change anyway so don't be fooled, its a red herring anyway. Also do not believe the tabloids about europe either, too much scare bullshit. Look beyond the daily mail headlines because this country is 100% better in the EU than out of it. It will be a disaster if the vote is out. A total disaster for the country economically, don't buy into the leave bullshit.
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

AndyB wrote:I can't take Boris seriously on this subject because I firmly believe that he's more interested in leading the Conservative party than leading us out of the EU and he's banking on getting the opportunity to take that role if we vote out.

Let's not forget that this man is so career orientated that he previously wanted to stand as an MEP but now he wants to deny anyone else in this country that opportunity :dry:
Exactly. If the vote is leave cameron will have to resign and boris will be there in the wings waiting. Another huge disaster. I am not a cameron fan at all, but for the good of the country and its people we need to stay in.
misterlaffer

Post by misterlaffer »

Mike54 wrote:
AndyB wrote:I can't take Boris seriously on this subject because I firmly believe that he's more interested in leading the Conservative party than leading us out of the EU and he's banking on getting the opportunity to take that role if we vote out.

Exactly. If the vote is leave cameron will have to resign and boris will be there in the wings waiting. Another huge disaster. I am not a cameron fan at all, but for the good of the country and its people we need to stay in.
Utter rubbish. Basing your argument on a few bike parts and if Boris Johnson is likeable or not. Clearly, like you said.. you don't give a toss about politics. :laugh:

The fact is as soon as Turkey join the EU after June 23rd all this country will be good for is a load of 'Vaping' Arseholes and kebabs with a load of malingering bastards who come here to take us for a ride. You forget this country charges us 20% VAT on bike parts, mostly to pay for our membership in the EU and for the privilege for allowing a load of thieving bastards. Consider the Politics of that ... if your mind will stretch that far. :lol:

Now, you could argue sensibly against this, but that is FACT. By remaining in this god forsaken immoral club is so pointless. It's served it's purpose to us - we have better working conditions yeah.. now it's time to leave, and maybe re-negotiate a better re-join later. But to keep the status quo is not helping us.

Give me Boris Johnson any day .. at least he has the countries best interests at heart and so does Farage. Right Wing - Left Wing, who gives a Fuck, those EU MEP's don't that's for sure :angry:
scutty

Post by scutty »

[email protected] wrote:
nethen1 wrote:Interesting article

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02 ... 65670.html

If i speak to who wants to leave.... the majority of these people i'm generally not keen on the rest of their political views....
For me this is the key point.

Look at those in favour of leaving:
- Redwood
- Gove
- Boris
- Farage

and the list goes on; it's the right wing of the Tory Party and their TeaParty style associates that are mostly pushing for it and the 'wet wing' that's pushing to remain.

I've never been a fan of right-wing-Tory policies. If they think something is 'right' it's probably not something I want.

And just for clarity... I freely admit to voting Tory on many occasions(including the last election), but I'm no supporter of the right wing of the party.
You missed a couple of other total cockwombles off your list:
[ul]
[li]Iain Duncan Smith[/li]
[li]George Galloway[/li]
[/ul]
scutty

Post by scutty »

misterlaffer wrote: Give me Boris Johnson any day .. at least he has the countries best interests at heart and so does Farage. Right Wing - Left Wing, who gives a Fuck, those EU MEP's don't that's for sure :angry:
OMFG - really!!?!!!? Those are the best 2 you could pick? And you believe they have the country's best interests at heart. Google it = Boris Johnson has been sacked from EVERY SINGLE JOB he has had before politics - being an MP is the only job he can't get sacked from.
Oh, and Farage is a fu*king MEP!! (unbelievable though that seems)

Return to “THE PUB”