Was it ewan and charlie that got you into biking ? Or was it really this guy ??

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
nethen1

Was it ewan and charlie that got you into biking ? Or was it really this guy ??

Post by nethen1 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b076nqjb

Brilliantly produced documentary on Evel Knievel.
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
cowling

Re: Was it ewan and charlie that got you into biking ? Or was it really this guy ??

Post by cowling »

Absolute legend, (thumbs) (thumbs)

not the best bike rider , but he used what
He had to its fullest potential, helps when
U have a screw loose, I remember having
A wind up Evel Knievel toy, that's what got
Me hooked !

Great documentary, thanks for reminding
Me I need to watch it again. :laugh:
nethen1

Re: Was it ewan and charlie that got you into biking ? Or was it really this guy ??

Post by nethen1 »

I don't think I've ever seen this one. Produced by Jonny Knoxville and Matt Hoffman.

That toy was the nuts. Mine had flames !!! Well sparks but to me it was a rocket !!
Are we stoppin for a brew !

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHnqi2JsFoNCV6ktRGEOVXQ/playlists

Braaaaaaaaaaaaaappppppppp :)
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I was forced into biking by being brought home from hospital in a sidecar aged about 2 days old because my parents didn't own a car.

After the sidecar went when I was 3 or 4 I had a break from bikes until I was 12 or 13 when I learned to ride for myself on a disused railway line.

I'm afraid celebrities had nothing to do with me riding bikes (thumbs)
Mac 60

Post by Mac 60 »

Loved the man, also had the wind up toy. Broke the front forks off when my wee evil misjudged his landing and ran out of space. Come to think of it much like the real Evil :whistle: Also growing up in Joey Dunlops home town at the height of his career. The travel bug has always been there so the move to motorbike travel instead of just hooning around was a natural progression. I,d read Jupiters Travels long before i,d hear of the Long way round. Still entertaining stuff though.
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Boorman and MacGregor would still have been in short trousers when I started, but Steve McQueen was definitely an icon I aspired too ( failed miserably ) after seeing Bruce Browns 'On Any Sunday' in the early 70's (thumbs)
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

I grew up with bikes as a child, my dad was never into them but my late grandfather was as were my uncles. I was 16 when I first watched LWR then after LWD was aired, that gave me the final push into bikes.

I follow Ewan on Instagram and today he posted a picture of himself, Charlie, Russ and David that was taken today, so maybe another series?
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Vic Eastwood, Dave Bickers, Saturday afternoons watching scrambling on tv.
one-legged adventurer
hornet

Post by hornet »

I had the famous Evil toy and wore it out :)

Barry Sheene , Dave Thorpe , Steve Mcqueen were the earliest influences on me but to be honest none were as cool as my uncle he always had beautiful bikes that I would stare at and then I remember watching a really cool on board footage of laps of the Isle of Man TT that blew me away

When It comes to traveling it was all about Terra Circa and Mondo Enduro just showing that its more important to just go.
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
herman

Post by herman »

I lived in a village and needed transport at sixteen so a 50cc rocket ship was my only option. Dad had been a ton up boy but that first Yamaha was my first, most lasting and most significant influence to me. Cant quit the things now.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.

Return to “THE PUB”