Go go power rangers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
johnnyboxer

Re: Go go power rangers

Post by johnnyboxer »

RandG wrote:I hate the expression "bikers" I'm not a "biker" I ride motorcycles, I love motorcycles, I am a motorcycle enthusiast, but I am not a "biker"
Agreed - hate the term BIKER

I'm a chap who rides a motorcycle or drives a car or a van or a lawnmower

Hate the word CAGE too, fecking pisses me right off
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

AlanHolt wrote: Some days I like to go out on the ZX10R and try to beat my 188mph top speed,
I like the sound of that (thumbs) .
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

'Twas funny yesterday in the Dales, it was rammed with people on bikes and Hawes was mobbed

We were out on the trails on small bikes, at the cafe queue, the road riders looked at us like they'd stepped in something

Funny how people react

The Sunday before I was out on the trails and the Dales were deserted and the high level routes were snow covered, but passable

Hawes was empty of bikes, despite it being sunny and colder

7 days can be a long time, so different
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
yoda

Post by yoda »

Yeah Willingham woods near Market Rasen in Lincolnshire was packed yesterday, all sorts in, even quite a few Harleys so it must officaly be summer now then. It sounded like Cadwell park on the A46 back to lincs during the afternoon.
Chaos is the only camouflage that incompetence needs to operate at full capacity.

I dunno where that road goes, might as well go take a look anyway there's no where else i need to be right now.
petecam

Post by petecam »

-Ralph- wrote:Or the guy in textiles which were designed for road riding?
I would say that leathers are better fit for purpose if riding a sports bike at high speed on the road than textiles. They I believe still offer better abrasion resistance (although textiles are catching up) and hug the body better so amour and pads are less likely to move around.

Textiles are of course better for all round riding due to being waterproof and so on.

But ultimately its of no concern of mine what people wear on their bike. They can wear pink wellies and a nappy for all I care :P
Ken Shabby

Post by Ken Shabby »

Mike101 wrote:I don't think anybody is mocking anybody for wearing decent bike gear...i like to laugh at people who turn a Sunday ride out into a fashion parade....with the added opportunity to look at the size of their wallet.

Mike
Mockery is a form of bullying is it not..? As is inverted snobbery.

Maybe then you should reconsider the icon you use?

"Physician, heal thyself"...
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Ken Shabby wrote:
Mike101 wrote:I don't think anybody is mocking anybody for wearing decent bike gear...i like to laugh at people who turn a Sunday ride out into a fashion parade....with the added opportunity to look at the size of their wallet.

Mike
Mockery is a form of bullying is it not..? As is inverted snobbery.

Maybe then you should reconsider the icon you use?

"Physician, heal thyself"...
Bullies can't laugh at themselves where as i am the first one to take the piss out of myself...as anybody on ABR who has met me will tell you.

Laugh at everybody and everything but laugh at your self first!

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
catcitrus

Post by catcitrus »

We were at a lunch break on Sunday from the Mad March Moon offroad event based at the Green inn near Oswestry--about 70 of us in total and split into small (TRF sized) groups as usual, and from all over the country with a good Belgian and Dutch contingent. Anyhoo, our group dropped into Llangollen for fuel and a bite to eat at the Northern edge of our loop--covered in mud and the bikes also of course--and it was funny to see all the Power rangers out looking oh so shiny--they ignored us for the most part and just made lots of vroom, vroom noises! --glad I wasn't out there with them--I'll choose a quieter time as I have nothing to prove!
jonny955

Post by jonny955 »

I think 'Power Rangers' is a great name and I laughed at myself being one when riding my RS125 with not-quite-up-to-date leathers.

For me, if there is any derision towards 'Power Rangers' it's not because of the gear they wear, nor is it the bikes they ride. Nothing wrong with either and I'm totally with the person who wants to keep his Ducati clean and free from salt corrosion. It's his(her) bike, FFS!

No, I think my and many others have cause for concern at this time of year. As soon as the weather turns dry and sunny, Sundays are brimming with summer-only riders who, quite frankly, should be on a refresher course because they have let their skills lapse over the winter and in some cases, they put others in danger by the way they ride. The general non-biking public notice them too, with typical scorn which does us all no favours.

It just so happens that the majority (but not all) of them, by nature, are riding sports bikes and wearing super-clean leathers, assuming they can stretch them over their post-Christmas bellies....so we notice the 'Power Rangers' more because of their numbers and the unfortunate affect that being off a bike for 6 months has on their riding.

I love seeing a well-ridden immaculate low mileage sportsbike with a Power Ranger piloting it, happy as a sand boy...but the flippin' ars*hole riding that sometimes goes with it annoys the hell out of lots of riders. Don't take my word for it, the statistics speak for themselves. The Police have certain expectations on the first spring weekend with decent weather each year.

Be careful out there (thumbs)

Jon
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Some touchy peeps on here today.
Couldn't care less if I'm called a biker or whatever.
When getting ready for a ride these days I wear what fits, but I am on a diet.
Do expensive leathers really shrink over winter?
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “THE PUB”