Go go power rangers

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Rhys

Re: Go go power rangers

Post by Rhys »

What is the definition of a power ranger Mike? What is the difference between you riding a sport bike and a power ranger?

Also, why would someone want to get a 30 grand Ducati out in the middle of winter?

Not saying the good weather doesn't attract loads of idiots though (thumbs)

You know what, yesterday I saw loads of people out on shiny new tigers and GS's, more than these power rangers you talk about. Don't think they have been out all winter either.
DaveCon

Post by DaveCon »

A leather of Sports bike riders
A line of Harley riders
A weary of commuter bike riders
A kitchen sink of tourers
A chrome of custom bike riders
A splatter of offroaders
A caution of learners
A scoot of scooters
and finally

A smug of adventure bike riders :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure there are better names out there...

(p.s. I love and have ridden anything on two wheels, just joking).
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I personally don't care what you ride or what you wear or what you do with your bike.

But for me i found it a little funny watching lots of 40' year olds in once piece leather suits trying to look cool yesterday while trying there very best not to look almost frozen to death.

Each to their own...i was on my 1150RT looking like a Grandad but i was warm and i don't care.

I take the piss out of power ranges and their dayglo suits, Mr and Mrs matching leathers on their R1200RT...Mr Old timer in his belstaff waxed jacket on his 1955 BSA...or the nylon MX top kids and their ring ding ding two strokes.

But that said i'm the first person to laugh at myself and how daft i look.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
AlanHolt

Post by AlanHolt »

I've never been a one hobby person. Some days I ride my mountain bike, sometimes my CAAD10 road bike. Some days I like to go out on the ZX10R and try to beat my 188mph top speed, other days I like to go from A to B without touching tarmac on the XT. Whatever i'm doing, i'm still me. Adventure biker, sports biker, cyclist, photographer, farmer, its all who I am. If you want to look for something to dislike about me, someone you don't know, like what I ride, what I wear, what does that say about you? :)
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
RandG

Go go power rangers

Post by RandG »

Motorcycling is a lot about image. How many do you see riding litre sports bikes with peaked helmets or gs riders wearing one piece leathers, it's all image, I know, I've been there and done it and to a degree still do it. I absolutely tore a mate of mine to shreds for wearing a peaked helmet, guess what ? Yep, depending what bike I'm on, I wear a peaked helmet :woohoo: :woohoo:
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Mike101 wrote:I personally don't care what you ride or what you wear or what you do with your bike.

But for me i found it a little funny watching lots of 40' year olds in once piece leather suits trying to look cool yesterday while trying there very best not to look almost frozen to death.

Each to their own...i was on my 1150RT looking like a Grandad but i was warm and i don't care.

I take the piss out of power ranges and their dayglo suits, Mr and Mrs matching leathers on their R1200RT...Mr Old timer in his belstaff waxed jacket on his 1955 BSA...or the nylon MX top kids and their ring ding ding two strokes.

But that said i'm the first person to laugh at myself and how daft i look.

Mike

(thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)
[email protected]

Post by [email protected] »

RandG wrote:I hate the expression "bikers" I'm not a "biker" I ride motorcycles, I love motorcycles, I am a motorcycle enthusiast, but I am not a "biker"
Couldn't agree more. Been riding them for 40 years (almost) and apart from a brief period in my late teens I haven't ever liked or identified with the term.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

SteveW wrote:I had a blast on my CBR600 yesterday....I don't do the one piece leathers, knee sliders, back hump and 46 Rossi Helmet though.
I bet you don't even wear a peaked helmet on your GS either :whistle:
Stewie

Post by Stewie »

AlanHolt wrote: Some days I like to go out on the ZX10R and try to beat my 188mph top speed,
Get it into 3rd gear then..... :laugh: B) (thumbs)
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Sometimes when i feel like being a complete rebel i ride offroad in my schuberth C3...i know...how dare i?

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts

Return to “THE PUB”