Old chestnut, new crop - Bike Insurance renewal gone up £116, 50% on last year!

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Old Geezer

Old chestnut, new crop - Bike Insurance renewal gone up £116, 50% on last year!

Post by Old Geezer »

Renewal quote in from Bennetts and new charge will be £350 this year from £234 last year almost a 50% rise. Are they having a laugh. No changes since last year though reached 70 last year in July but that didn't affect last years premium as far as I could tell as the rise was £30 from previous year. :angry:

Cooling down a bit before I get on phone to Bennetts and start perhaps looking for another company.

Any suggestions on alternative companies. Got 2 bikes but can't use multi bike because I use multi user so my son can use my bikes and me his. Oh and this premium includes full Comp and Continental breakdown, helmet and leathers etc. The bike is a 2010 V-Strom 650DL
coyotedave

Re: Old chestnut, new crop - Bike Insurance renewal gone up £116, 50% on last year!

Post by coyotedave »

Try MCE.
I've been with them for 6 years now and every year I do the price comparison site and I can't get better than MCE.
They have looked after me very well so far.

Cheers Dave.
Rrat

Re: Old chestnut, new crop - Bike Insurance renewal gone up £116, 50% on last year!

Post by Rrat »

Give CIA a try on 01788 818600
phillh

Post by phillh »

I have always found Hastings Direct very competitive.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

phillh wrote:I have always found Hastings Direct very competitive.
They were for me until they gave me a renewal for my S10 for £300 but £200 online with them and £100 cheapest elsewhere :angry: they are all robbin barstewards :angry:
Current insurance company same as last year but they added £40 of extras which I removed :whistle:
bigfoot

Post by bigfoot »

Bennetts did the same with me

Ask to be put through to their referral department

Saved me a fortune
Old Geezer

Post by Old Geezer »

bigfoot wrote:Bennetts did the same with me

Ask to be put through to their referral department

Saved me a fortune
About cooled down I'll try that. I also have my other bike with Bennetts and that is due soon so may have a bit more bargaining power. ;)
clutchspring

Post by clutchspring »

Carole Nash tried it on with my renewal last year up £55 .
So got straight on the phone & after about twenty minuites ended up with same premium as the previous year .
But why do they all try to take the p##s .

Ian.
Stray Dog

Post by Stray Dog »

Old Geezer wrote: About cooled down I'll try that. I also have my other bike with Bennetts and that is due soon so may have a bit more bargaining power. ;)
I wouldn't hold ya breath!
Between us my wife and I had 5 bikes insured with Bennetts.
It's now down to one, and I'll see next month if I finally give them the elbow.
My last insurance renewal went up about 40%. Ok so my insurances are not expensive
(retired old fart)
But from over a hundred quid with them TPFT to £68 fully comp with Motorcycle direct.
Stupid thing is the underwriter in both cases is Zenith.....
I also found Hastings fairly cheap for one of the bikes, but not others,(Also Zenith)
go figure

Guess it's a case of shopping around to get the best price.
I must admit I was tempted with MCE although a bit dearer
they were offering 6 months Euro cover per year.
Handy for that extended tour

Dog
Alban

Post by Alban »

I've gone with Carol Nash again this year, but the moment they take the mickey I'm off elsewhere. I always get a good deal with a new insurance company> It is usually the ones that I stay with that suffer from 'premium creep', then I move on. Carol Nash were hardly any different this year, but then I might be on here next year with a different story. Strange thing, insurance.

Return to “THE PUB”