EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
DavidS

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by DavidS »

At the moment, it seems clear that Parliament as a whole will never agree on anything, stay or remain.
I guess those that see themselves being dumped whenever the next election comes along think they may as well go down being bloody minded rather than being honourable (whichever way they vote).
It’s just turned into a joke exercise with every person for themselves and s*d the public.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Asgard

Post by Asgard »

Have to agree David, though I might add most of the public have largely the same attitude these days (I.E. its all about me), however much people disguise it as worries about how many jobs will go in whatever sector and "for gods sake think of the children", what is really meant is shit me and my family might lose out financially.

Bugger all to do with what is moral or right
Its a trick............get an Axe
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

DavidS wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:39 am At the moment, it seems clear that Parliament as a whole will never agree on anything, stay or remain.
I guess those that see themselves being dumped whenever the next election comes along think they may as well go down being bloody minded rather than being honourable (whichever way they vote).
It’s just turned into a joke exercise with every person for themselves and s*d the public.
Yet again, the brexit mob claim to represent "the public". You don't.

You have similar views to less than 50% of the total population.

Nobody voted to be unemployed, homeless or poorer. There is no proven pot of gold at t he end of the Brexit Rainbow.

It is clear to all but the the most bloody minded zealots that Brexit (if and when) is going to be nothing like either side painted it to be. We were ALL lied to.

It has absolutely nothing to do with morals.
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

Asgard wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:17 am Have to agree David, though I might add most of the public have largely the same attitude these days (I.E. its all about me), however much people disguise it as worries about how many jobs will go in whatever sector and "for gods sake think of the children", what is really meant is shit me and my family might lose out financially.

Bugger all to do with what is moral or right
if morals were involved, we would be having a correctly worded referendum, rather than hanging on the the result of the farce that the Conservative Party extremists put before us.

Nothing to do with morals or democracy - we've all been conned by a tiny majority of ultra rich posh boys.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I didn’t say I claimed to represent the public.
It is the attitude of the politicians to all of the public that was the point of my post.
They are all looking out for themselves.

Your assumption that less than 50% of the public support Brexit is perfectly true but the same could be said of Remain. A useless statistic that is trotted out day after day.
Unless every single person in this sceptred isle had a compulsory vote, including all new born babies, then no ‘side’ can claim a pure majority other than a virtually total landslide result. It will always be skewed in some way and those that didn’t get what they wanted would be the most vociferous about being hard done by. It’s human nature.

I have readily accepted and said on here before that the referendum should have been to explore the idea of leaving the EU or, the vote we had but with a second referendum guaranteed once the ground rules were established. By saying that the original referendum result would be respected, the politicians dug their own hole. On top if that, I think it is correct that the EU would not start proper negotiations until Article 50 was invoked, so there would have been no pre-negotiation anyway. Based on their stance over the last three years, they are clearly unwilling to be fair minded, as has also been demonstrated by the way they treat the struggling EU economies. I wouldn’t expect them to roll on their backs but the apparent lack of interest in looking after the EU countries who export to the UK speaks volumes.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Crossrutted wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:10 pm

if morals were involved, we would be having a correctly worded referendum, rather than hanging on the the result of the farce that the Conservative Party extremists put before us.

Nothing to do with morals or democracy - we've all been conned by a tiny majority of ultra rich posh boys.

Speak for yourself
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

And whilst we discussing Brexit...... :roll:

Why does that rabble rousing single issue twerp Farage get so much media space?

and

and

who the f&8k is this Dominic Cummings idiot - proof that "Care in the Community" isn't working? :lol:
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Crossrutted wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 pm
who the f&8k is this Dominic Cummings idiot - proof that "Care in the Community" isn't working? :lol:
He's a kind of cross-breed of Goebbels and Rasputin. Not an idiot, though. A very cunning and dangerous sociopath. Totally unfit to be anywhere near the levers of power, and ironically for brexiters he is unelected and unaccountable - the very things they wrongly accuse the EU of being! You couldn't f*cking make it up, I tell ya...
Trev

Post by Trev »

daveuprite wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 pm
Crossrutted wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:49 pm
He's a kind of cross-breed of Goebbels and Rasputin. Not an idiot, though. A very cunning and dangerous sociopath. Totally unfit to be anywhere near the levers of power, and ironically for brexiters he is unelected and unaccountable - the very things they wrongly accuse the EU of being! You couldn't f*cking make it up, I tell ya...
Absolutely right not to underestimate Mr Cummings, a very clever and well connected guy who is right at the heart of toff tory. It would be really interesting to understand his motivation for us crashing out without a deal, bloody sure it won't have much to do with 'the people' but might be something I should invest money in!!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Some time ago a Shares Tipster was giving his 'picks' for UK share buys/sells if you wanted to bank on a no-deal Brexit.

His advice was buy shares in gambling, booze and fags and sell everything else.

or, in three words: 'invest in despair'.

Return to “THE PUB”