EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
steve the grease

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by steve the grease »

Gary,I would have thought you knew what John Redwood was like from when he was Welsh Secretary.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

daveuprite wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:51 am
garyboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 pm The very thoughtful John Redwood MP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to read any further really....

That'll be John Redwood, .............who stands to make a small personal fortune on his investments from a no-deal brexit. Hypocrisy, insider-dealing and ruthless self-interest are alive and well in the ERG Tories.
I've heard this implied a few times, yet try as I might can find fuck all proof it's true, can you enlighten me
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

HedgeHopper wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 5:40 pm
daveuprite wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:51 am
garyboy wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 10:40 pm The very thoughtful John Redwood MP
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No need to read any further really....

That'll be John Redwood, .............who stands to make a small personal fortune on his investments from a no-deal brexit. Hypocrisy, insider-dealing and ruthless self-interest are alive and well in the ERG Tories.
I've heard this implied a few times, yet try as I might can find fuck all proof it's true, can you enlighten me
You need to research his work for the Charles Stanley Group. Rees-Mogg is also set to do pretty well from a crash-out no deal exit.

You didn't think they promoted brexit to help normal working people did you? :lol:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I suspect Farage the stockbroker and Gove et al have already made a fortune out of Brexit and are hoping to make a lot more. Anybody who honestly believes that Brexit is in the best interest of the working class or even middle classes has unfortunately been conned.
Cheers Jak
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

I notice that when people cannot attack the policy .. they attack the man ..
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:17 am I notice that when people cannot attack the policy .. they attack the man ..
That won't work, Gary. Remain-supporters have been attacking his policies for months, as you well know.

He just happens to be an unpleasant man with unpleasant policies.
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I am still somewhat unclear as to what Farage’s policy is, except to leave the EU at any cost. However I do think it is perfectly reasonable to ‘attack’ the leaders of political campaigns, particularly when they are likely to personally benefit if they win their campaign. What I find totally unacceptable is for leaders of political campaigns to blame minority groups for society’s woes.
Cheers Jak
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

garyboy wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 3:17 am I notice that when people cannot attack the policy .. they attack the man ..
They don't have a minifesto, therefore no real policy, just some shouting...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 am
That won't work, Gary.

Dave ….
I did .. therefore I am :D
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 5:35 am
Remain-supporters have been attacking his policies for months, as you well know.

He just happens to be an unpleasant man with unpleasant policies.

tbh Dave ( and also Steve T. , jak etc) ... I can think of people I would more prefer to be locked in a faulty lift with :mrgreen: :lol:

I am not sure of his policies .. or indeed his motives .. and was surprised to find .. that ALL the persons that i had always found distateful in some way, held the same view on the EU as myself .. and were .. or purported to be .. TRUE PATRIOTS to the UK .. no matter the cost.

Remainers will not attack Mr Redwoods script (wot i posted) .. because what it purports is what, in fact, they want .. a close tie with the workings of the EU, .. but ignore the `dictatorial` methods of the EU administration, which is intent on taking sovereignty from us
(we want our own administration and leadership .. just look at how good it is doing :lol: )

Return to “THE PUB”