EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
Jak*

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by Jak* »

I am sorry to disappoint you but whatever some politicians and some of the press would have you believe Brexit is not a Tardis. We cannot turn the clock back.
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Not sure that they exactly ‘helped’ the economically struggling member countries. More like stitched them up for donkeys years. It can be argued that being tied to the Euro is what caused some of their problems in the first place...plus no-one paid their taxes.

Their solution to the refugee crisis is to let them wander through Europe to the UK. Not quite what the rules say but at least they eventually helped the poor small islands pass them on but it took a while.

Thomas Cook were a failing brand, way behind the times. It seems Brexit uncertainty is a very very small part of their collapse but it’s a handy peg to hang reasons for failure on.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I'm sure that some of you will have seen this article in the Metro, but I thought, for those who haven't seen it and for those who think that there has been no detrimental effect on the British economy, here is a report on companies that have collapsed or moved abroad since Brexit.
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
scutty

Post by scutty »

OB1 wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:07 am I'm sure that some of you will have seen this article in the Metro, but I thought, for those who haven't seen it and for those who think that there has been no detrimental effect on the British economy, here is a report on companies that have collapsed or moved abroad since Brexit.
I am certain someone will be along in a minute to explain to you how that is all Project Fear and that we will actually be much better off after we leave (but, of course, no actual specifics of how we'll be better off, how it will work, what the plan is for leaving or even what WTO rules mean to UK businesses).
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

Nor do we know what the EU, the Tories, Labour et al have in store for us.....
Life is always going into the unknown.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

I see the courts have dealt the Buffoon superior a death blow :lol:

As I've said for years now...we aint leaving, it won't be allowed there are too many snouts in the trough and too many sheeple ready to follow.............................Baaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Can't wait for the GE, I'm tacticaly voting Labour (I would vote for the communist party but I have to be realistic)

Onwards and upwards :D
Trev

Post by Trev »

HedgeHopper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm I see the courts have dealt the Buffoon superior a death blow :lol:

As I've said for years now...we aint leaving, it won't be allowed there are too many snouts in the trough and too many sheeple ready to follow.............................Baaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

Can't wait for the GE, I'm tacticaly voting Labour (I would vote for the communist party but I have to be realistic)

Would you now support the idea of another referendum? I know you were very much against it previously but if the result did come out again to leave then it would mean no party could refuse 'the will of the people'?
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Trev wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm
Would you now support the idea of another referendum? I know you were very much against it previously but if the result did come out again to leave then it would mean no party could refuse 'the will of the people'?
Would a second 'leave' vote mean that all current MP's would be sacked ........... because they have totally ignored the first vote? Just not sure I could stand another 6 years of domestic stagnation whilst we go for the best of 3 votes.
I'm not saying we should or shouldn't leave but it has thrown a massive cloud over our so called 'democracy' and it just shows that our votes are pointless.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Trev wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:19 pm
HedgeHopper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm I see the courts have dealt the Buffoon superior a death blow :lol:

Would I fuck
Isn't repeating an action over and over and expecting a different result something to do with being crazy?
scutty

Post by scutty »

HedgeHopper wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:15 pm we aint leaving, it won't be allowed there are too many snouts in the trough
One of the big problems is that the billionaires supporting leave know that, for them, the trough is about to get poisoned. The EU laws around exposure of overseas tax haven investments will have a huge impact on the richest people in the UK, including the likes of Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Banks.
Of course, there will still be people for whom the EU trough is still full and tasty, rich but not Camen Islands Bank Account rich. The thing is, those people actually pay taxes here, they run businesses based here in the UK, paying corporation tax here in the UK.

Return to “THE PUB”