EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
herman

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by herman »

I'm out also based on gut feeling and little knowledge. However I quite simply do not trust politicians and the media to inform me truthfully so all I am left with is my gut. When I see corrupt and disgraced ex MPs given non elected jobs at the EU parliament as a pension I rather object to it.
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Scott_rider wrote:Has anyone ever seen one of these in the UK? I've never seen one.
They are all over Europe, and a bit closer to home they are all over Southern Ireland (I know that's in Europe).

An example of EU waste. A huge expensive sign which is impossible to read as you're driving past and, in fact, could make the roads more dangerous if one were to try!
I've no idea how to add a signature.
Andi_Archer

Post by Andi_Archer »

OUT all those millions of pounds we send to Europe could better be spent at home and we could better control our immigrant populas, not rely on agreements on who we have to take in or pay tax payers money to.
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Scott_rider wrote:Has anyone ever seen one of these in the UK? I've never seen one.
They are all over Europe, and a bit closer to home they are all over Southern Ireland (I know that's in Europe).

Should the bottom sign not read … European Union….Funded by Britain ?
crofty

Post by crofty »

I'm in, that's for everything The Euro, Schengen, closer integration et al.
The Poles, Romanians, and Bularians etc coming over here working and taking benefits?
drop in the ocean compared to what the likes of Google/Starbucks are witholding in taxes
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

V2orV4 wrote:It seems to me that most people, including me, do not know enough facts yet to vote.
And there lies the main issue. The average man on the street who reads the sun, the express, the mail etc - will be c hanting out out out based on those papers own agendas rather than his own informed decision. I say look into what it means to be in, and what it means to be out in a factual and objective manner rather than a media storm influence.

And whoever is talking about fighting in wars and being ruled by germany etc, go and make yourself a tinfoil hat ffs because that is not a helpful addition to a debate on the subject.
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

IN :unsure:
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

Mike54 wrote:
V2orV4 wrote:It seems to me that most people, including me, do not know enough facts yet to vote.
And there lies the main issue. The average man on the street who reads the sun, the express, the mail etc - will be c hanting out out out based on those papers own agendas rather than his own informed decision. I say look into what it means to be in, and what it means to be out in a factual and objective manner rather than a media storm influence.

And whoever is talking about fighting in wars and being ruled by germany etc, go and make yourself a tinfoil hat ffs because that is not a helpful addition to a debate on the subject.
What is your opinion on the EU?
I've no idea how to add a signature.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

It would be good if there was a completely unbiased site showing exactly what the benefits will be for both options but that's going to happen.

I'll be keeping my mind open and reading/listening to as many informed opinions as possible right up to the last minute before I decide but hysterical outbursts don't count as being informed :)
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

And another example...same EU rules...but who comes off worse?

Italy
The Italian government is intervening in the management of Europe's biggest steel plant, in an attempt to reform the beleaguered business. The privately-owned plant, Europe's biggest in terms of output capacity, employs at least 14,000 people. Ilva has been making a loss for years and was placed in special administration last year. The Italian government has given them €100m supposedly for environmental improvements, but some commentators would say it is to run the site.

UK
The UK government won't support the steel industry because EU state aid rules do not allow aid such as emergency loans or government guarantees on loans to steel manufacturers in financial difficulties. Governments are allowed to support things like research and development in the steel industry, but as soon as a plant is in financial difficulties, there are limitations on what can be done. There are 20,000 people employed in the UK steel industry.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone

Return to “THE PUB”