EU. In or out?

Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
daveuprite

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by daveuprite »

So the familiar, revolting self-indulgent tory internal bunfight has begun in earnest. Except this time the perverse prejudices of the chosen one will totally shape the country's future for everybody, including those who would never dream of voting tory their entire life. Such is the UK's version of what it laughably calls 'democracy'.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:37 pm
.. a self-interested wrecker, racist, and proven corrupt thief of public money.
.. so why is NF not in prison then? .. or being summoned to court?
could it be that this is all lies? smears? character assassination? for personal motives?
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

daveuprite wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 pm So the familiar, revolting self-indulgent tory internal bunfight has begun in earnest. Except this time the perverse prejudices of the chosen one will totally shape the country's future for everybody, including those who would never dream of voting tory their entire life. Such is the UK's version of what it laughably calls 'democracy'.

totally agree !!!

it seems the UK has, in fact, a system that elects a chosen dictator at each election time …

.. just look at the recent troubles to get rid of leaders.. their disrespect for parliamentary authority .. the difficulty to dislodge them … their imunity to commons pressure ……. and perhaps most significantly … their reliance on a small personal band of `advisors` unrelated to any democratic control
Last edited by garyboy on Fri May 24, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

DavidS wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 5:49 pm
garyboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 12:46 am
OB1 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 3:24 pm . cheap Chinese imports by dumping inferior steel turned away by America in Mr Trump's trade war. ]

The claim is that inferior Chinese steel is being dumped on the US and now the EU. So I did some digging and found that, .. .. .. , I could find no reference to the inferior quality. If it was to a lower production standard, surely it would be rejected anyway? So, for me, that has debunked the quality issue in the original statement.

I'm just playing Devil's Advocate with the above, but someone needs to fact-check these things rather than believing everything you read or hear because it fits with your personal bias.

and that's
just my first google ... o ... shit.. .. its from the internet ..so ..???????? ..(and it doesn't match your bias)

ps .. those lyin?? bassards?? at the BBC also quoted the dumping of lower quality steel from china … I should have known better ????
You want to ask some building inspectors,
What is claimed to be structural steel was so poor you could still see whole nuts and bolts in it as it hadn’t been melted down properly. Bromley Council had a rigorous control system to check on the quality.
Even if it was ‘architectural’ steel, used for gates and other decorative stuff, it should at least be made of proper steel, not half baked (literally).
This is not tinternet info but based on my own discussions with the building inspectors and a steel tester who had to do a quality check on some potentially, but actually ok, iffy steel on a job of mine. He thought the Chinese supplying steel was a huge risk to this country.

crikey … that's much much worse than I realised
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

garyboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:54 pm
daveuprite wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 6:37 pm
.. a self-interested wrecker, racist, and proven corrupt thief of public money.
.. so why is NF not in prison then? .. or being summoned to court?
could it be that this is all lies? smears? character assassination? for personal motives?
Simple Gary. Electoral crime is not treated with anything like the same seriousness as other crimes. There are live cases against Farage, he has been ordered to pay back stolen funding and his dodgy Aaron Banks lifeline is under constant investigation. But at the end of the day, as things currently stand, you can rig an election, exceed permitted spending limits, take money from foreign anonymous donors and only risk a small fine, usually levied months after the event when you have already achieved your aims. In the case of the brexit referendum, the Leave campaign's modest 60k fine was worth every penny given the narrow victory they lied their way to. It's always interesting that far-right supporters usually love authoritarian laws, meat-headed policing, punishments and prisons, but are more than happy to ignore all crimes when it gets them what they want.

Here's an idea. Win a referendum or election on your merits, if you have any, not by cheating, lying and breaking the rules. Then you can stand up and say you won it fair and square...
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Hedge hopper, I tend to agree with you about globalisation being out of control and the EU representing business interests, however I would rather have the EU in charge than the Americans or the Chinese. Also the EU has done more to safe guard workers rights and the environment in the last thirty years than the UK government. The reason why the leaders of the Leave campaign want to leave is so that they can get rid of these rights and protections and make more profits.
Like Gary I do not understand why NF (interesting coincidence those initials) has not been arrested. He should have been so several times for inciting racial hatred.
Cheers Jak
garyboy

Post by garyboy »

Thank you both for the civilised replies ..
It is surprising to me anyway. how probably similar people with similar interests can have very opposing political views.
Gary.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

daveuprite wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:07 pm
Here's an idea. Win a referendum or election on your merits, if you have any, not by cheating, lying and breaking the rules. Then you can stand up and say you won it fair and square...

When was the last time that happened?
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

garyboy wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:46 pm Thank you both for the civilised replies ..
It is surprising to me anyway. how probably similar people with similar interests can have very opposing political views.
Gary.
Surprises me sometimes too Gary and in all fairness I often I reckon It's not so much having differing views on an end result, but more differing views on what the best way to go about it is.

Personally I don't agree or get on with any political party, religon or trail riding club :lol:
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

I guess you only have to look at the Tories and Labour to see how people with supposedly similar views can disagree so profoundly about Brexit. Sometimes I think we would all be better off thinking what we want to achieve as a realistic end result and going from there. I do not mean whether we are in or out of Europe but what we want the country to look like in five ten or twenty years time. Do we want an NHS, do we want a greater division between rich and poor, do we want a les polluted world etc. If there was a consensus about that then things might be clearer.
Cheers Jak

Return to “THE PUB”