Anything goes, and mine's a Guinness.
garyboy

Re: EU. In or out?

Post by garyboy »

I wonder when it will reach 17.4 million
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

Africa John wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am Just looked at BBC news and apparently the petition website for revoking Article 50 has crashed after reaching 500,000 signatures

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Our signatures have not been acknowledged, and according to the RIFT site (for Brits resident in France) hundreds out here have been unable to get their petition signatures recognised. We'll try again later hopefully when it's up and running again.

It was running at 1500 signature per minute just before it crashed.

Wait for the march on Saturday - it'll be huge. We'd love to be there but can't justify taking flights just for that reason alone. Same will be true for thousands of brits abroad I would think.

We have a psychologically disturbed rogue prime minister and a deadlocked parliament. It's time to stop this madness.
OB1

Post by OB1 »

A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
OB1

Post by OB1 »

I'm not a newspaper reader but this letter says what I'm thinking: https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/le ... 29941.html
I confess I was relieved when Commons speaker John Bercow issued his ruling on whether the prime minister could keep on bringing the same deal back to the table. The sheer hypocrisy of her actions is breathtaking: why should she be allowed, in the name of democracy to keep bringing the same deal back to the table when it is deemed “undemocratic” for there to be a second vote on Brexit?

A Tory Brexiteer appeared on BBC Breakfast this morning acting like a sulky schoolboy because Mr Bercow was “destroying Brexit” by following parliamentary rules. He had the audacity to say that MPs had changed their minds and would now back the Brexit deal as this was better than no Brexit, so they deserved another vote. He was angry about the fact that they were being denied the right to change their minds and vote for it now, even though the PM made it clear what would happen next if they voted against her amended deal.

It really does beggar belief that they cannot see how hypocritical they are being by voting against a second referendum because we’ve apparently decided and they need to act on the “will of the people”, and even based on a full understanding of the facts presented to them they have the right to keep changing their minds.

Roll on Saturday – I will be marching in London demanding a people’s vote on this ongoing Brexit fiasco.

Louise Hemmingsley
Willesborough, Kent
A • AND • B • CDN • CH • CN • CY • CYM • CZ • D • DK • E • EST • ET • F • FIN • GR • HK • HR • I • IL • IRL • L • LT • LV • M • N • N-IRL • NL • P • PL • Q • RSM • S • SCO • SCV • SLO • TR • USA • YU
justrtw.com
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Doesn't matter which way you voted this is the biggest cluster fuck of my lifetime (I'm 54 just for reference)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

qcnr

Post by qcnr »

From Bercow`s perspective...
HedgeHopper

Post by HedgeHopper »

Bercow stuck in the middle? :lol:
Havn't you seen the sticker on his car?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

OB1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:16 am For those who want to sign: https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584
For those interested in following this quite amazing petition, there is a live feed here:

Apparently, there are so many trying to login to vote, that the system keeps crashing and people logging in to view the polling figures are contributing to the crashes... :?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

garyboy wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:01 am I wonder when it will reach 17.4 million
At the present rate, not long :lol:

1200/minute seems to be about as fast as the systems can cope...

This morning I saw this calc: 530 a minute, that’s a lot! In a little over 500 hours or 3 weeks you’ll have your 17.4 million

1200x60x240 = 17.2million.
So a little over 240 hours, assuming that HMG website can handle the traffic.

The maths is correct, albeit the rate will not be static. Regardless of political stance, you must agree that the rate of uptake is very high.
Last edited by SteveR on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Im going to join the truckers,farmers and fishermen when our rolling road blocks bring the country to its knees...
Actions are always more productive than words and petitions....and i voted out :o :lol: ....28,29the march will be no go on m1,m6,m25,etc...the ports will be blockaded....uk plc closed..

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://ww ... j6q-BpCEM1

Wales is first.... :P

Return to “THE PUB”